Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Old Normal .35 Remington Prices?

I just learned one of the guns I've always wanted, the Remington Model 8, is actually pretty affordable. The ammo, however, is currently $4 a round though there is only one result on ammoseek. What was it per round before the Chiropteran Cough broke out?

I am a Forum User
    I saw some for $35/box at Dunham’s about a month ago. It’s not in stock currently, with the shortage of all other ammo 35 rem will get pushed to the back of the supply line.

Same thing happened a few years ago, couldn’t find any for several years then it was everywhere for cheap again.

I am a Forum User
    don't know about price of this ammo, but understood that hand loading for older / less popular calibers was a major benefit of the activity.
    cost savings, tailoring your loads, avoidance of ammo scarcity..
    I could never understand why anyone that likes to shoot , did not hand load.

I believe I have some 35 Remington brass I found @ my range..somewhere.

MGO Member
    Before the latest "crisis", I never paid more than $25 a box.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    Before the latest "crisis", I never paid more than $25 a box.
    So a little over a dollar a round?

I have several boxes that were $20.

MGO Member
    I Got out of it after ammo went to $25, then $30, then $35 a box. I have not found any old stock ammo at the $20/box price in over 10 years. And a couple years manufacturers didn't produce it (could not order it as an FFL). Reason I sold my model 8, and 336

Great gun, get into reloading as it's a lower pressure round and brass can be reused multiple times.

I am a Forum User
    I don’t recall what the exact price was on it when I bought it but it was less expensive than the .308, .243, and 7mm that I was buying at the time. It was more than the 30-30 at the time.

I have a box or two of Remington Core-Lokt that I can part with if you are in need and can’t find any.