Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Dispelling the myth that sanity is returning to box store ammo prices..

Current prices at Dunhams in Muskegon Mi. I guess the only caveat is they actually have something, anything, in stock at this time!

MGO Member
    458 Lott
    Name:  20210318_130609.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  92.6 KB
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

MGO Member
    dunhams has the lowest prices in town

I am a Forum User
    I've tried to get ammo a couple times prior to the craziness and their prices sucked then too. Shotgun ammo for shooting clays was the only reasonably priced ammo I've seen there.

You could go literally across the street to Dick's and save 25%, not anymore though.

on my dog walking a few days ago, I founds 2 boxes of 45 acp speer gold dot, and undetermined open box spilled in a clear rubber made thing. I find a lot of stuff like fishing poles, tools, etc on my dog walks, never found ammo before, this seemed like a good spot to brag.

I am a Forum User
    yes, they hiked up the prices. At the Bay City store today they had 40S&W 50rd FMJ for $31.99/box. F that

I am a Forum User
    For some reason, some of the smaller mom and pop stores have had reasonable prices on some types of ammo, I found that they only let you buy one box per day, but prices were way better than the Dunham prices, so go figure, at least I found some hunting ammo for deer season for my 300BLK.

Quote Originally Posted by delg5754erg View Post
    For some reason, some of the smaller mom and pop stores have had reasonable prices on some types of ammo, I found that they only let you buy one box per day, but prices were way better than the Dunham prices, so go figure, at least I found some hunting ammo for deer season for my 300BLK.

Yep. I just got 2 25rnd boxes of 230gr golden sabers for $28 and some .30-06 for $20 from magnum force. When people were calling in, they were telling them that they could only buy pistol ammo if they were buying a gun. I’m a regular face in there, and they offered me all I wanted, though I only took 4 boxes total to not be greedy.

I am a Forum User
    What I have noticed is that if you are willing to shop around and with a little luck sometimes and be patient, you can get better prices on some types of the most common ammo (i.e. 9mm/5.56/.22lr etc.) than what is being offered in the ammo section. Hopefully this continues to some degree, I realize that it is still going to be a long time before things level out, I just hope it is not the calm before the storm situation. I was hoping it would play out like when the AW ban ended and all of a sudden you could buy guns/mags at far cheaper prices than a month or two earlier, but that may be too much to wish for with this current political climate.