Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Now lets try the other angle, what gun were you excited/hyped about that you ended up being thrilled with once you owned it?

Now lets try the other angle, what gun were you excited/hyped about that you ended up being thrilled with once you owned it? I started it so I'll go first ..
    A Beretta 92f has been on my bucket list for years. I have owned lots of great shooting handguns, and rifles too, that I totally enjoyed shooting and hunting with thru the years. I took several deer with both my Smith 29 and my 1911 - both wonderful classics that were a joy to own. Even my life long joy of owning Rugers, including the little MK1 I bought brand new back in the mid 70's for $75 have been right up there. I have to admit though that something magic happened between me and the Beretta 92f when I lifted it off the table at a Gunshow back when it was first introduced. A "feel" like none other. A since of "this sucker comes to point of aim just like my LEO father always told me a shooter should do" came over me. That is when the Beretta 92 got on my bucket list. Life got quickly complicated after that incident though (got married, had kids) and I never did get to own one of these iconic beauties, until now.
    My brand new 92A1 arrived shortly after winning the auction on GB this past winter. A good supply of Snap Caps arrived shortly there after as did my assortment of hammer springs to begin the process of finding out how light I get Tony's (what I named my A1) trigger pull, set and still maintain reliable primer hit on a vast array of ammo including steel case. I knew a healthy supply of ammo was not going to be cheap and I LOVE to shoot (both long range - 200 yards and point and shoot at several yards which takes lots of practice beyond what snap cap dry firing can provide so I was absolutely thrilled to see Beretta offered a 22lr conversion kit that consisted of a slide/barrel combo that would allow me to use my A1's receiver and fire control group. I found out that Beretta coupons were readily available and ended up getting a brand new Conversion Kit that came with 1-15 round mag. After ordering 2 extra 15 round mags I ended up with under $275 for the whole set up - NICE! To say the least, I have been excessively pleased with Tony's functionality, reliabilty, accuracy and "point of aim". Seeing him win the "sexiest" handgun award on youtube also came as no surprise because that Tony is definitely a looker, another plus I reckon.
    I live in a very resort type of setting here near the Lake Michigan shoreline. A real nice, quiet area with tax payer owned land (State Land) where shooting is allowed located about 15 minutes away. I can legally shoot off my deck but choose not to as there are children in the area and I just dont go there so I have been really missing our home over near near Ravenna where we had over 4000 acres of that tax payer owned land right out my back door and I could target practice any time I wanted. The Pellet gun practice from my deck was just starting to get tiring when I noticed some video's of people shooting Aquila Super Colibri 22lr ammo as a cheap way of going silencer. I also noticed in a couple of those video's at an even lesser decible Colibri in the "standard" Colibri. A few days after watching that video I noticed one of our MGO club members had 3 bricks of the "standard" for sale over on the east side of our state, my wife and I could not get in the car fast enough to run and pick up those 3 bricks with the hopes that Tony would hand cycle the stuff.. Guess what,, HE DOES SO with pure and solid NO JAMMING!!
    In a nut shell,, Tony the Beretta 92A1 who is sitting right next to me at this time watching Bruce Willis take down the bad guys with one of Tony's older brothers is,, without question, my number 1 choice of guns that I had a life long hype about and has earned a perfect 100% in the "WOW, THIS THING IS EVERYTHING I DREAMED OF AND THEN SOME" category..
    Now its your turn!
    Puc

I am a Forum User
    Ruger PC9 Carbine

Mossberg MC1SC 9mm semi auto

Taurus TX22 .22LR semi auto

All of these have met or exceeded my expectations of ownership (so Far). If anyone has a specific question about these PM me for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargeyork View Post
    Ruger PC9 Carbine

Mossberg MC1SC 9mm semi auto

Taurus TX22 .22LR semi auto

All of these have met or exceeded my expectations of ownership (so Far). If anyone has a specific question about these PM me for more info.
    How do you like that Mossberg? I've wanted one since they were released What's good? Bad?

I waited 6 or 7 years for a Colt Lightweight Commander to show up at a good price, I did have one pop up at year 5, Made plans to purchase that morning and 3 hours later drove over an hour to get it. When I was 2 miles from the guys house He had asked I call him and let him know, He informs me He sold it and it was gone because someone offered him more! ( While we had agreed on a price all ready He never gave me the chance to match the offer or let me know it was gone )
    I was pretty pissed as I was 3 months past a Lower back disc fusion and an hour in the truck was rough and now I had a disappointed hour drive back along with being so patient waiting for one to show up! The next good priced LWTC was shy of 2 years, It ended up being a Talo Ghost commander limited to 400 and had been carried already. I guess I had to go through some trials before I earned the privilege of owning one.

A Winchester 1894 in 44mag, It's such a joy to shoot and in my favorite lever action

Marlin Camp Carbine in 45acp, Had a bullet lodged in the barrel so got it for a good price because ...Barrel,ended up with zero barrel damage so win/win.

Ruger MarkII NRA anniversary 22lr This one is real special because XXXXX Store had them on sale for ( I believe $199.00 ) for Black Friday, I hinted to my wife it would be a nice present, just before Thanksgiving my wife has a major Gallbladder episode, It swells up and they have to take it out, she has to take a couple days of antibiotics before surgery and this thing is causing her loads of pain, needless to say I forgot about the gun, everything goes good with the wife shes back home a few days later and I call to check if they have any Rugers left, Nope... all gone. Christmas morning I wake up and as were doing presents I get an envelope, open it up and it's a raincheck for the Ruger, While she was in some of the worst pain she ever felt she sent our daughter up to get a raincheck for it. I called the store and they said next year they would be in, then I called on December 31st at like 3:00 and they had them, I ran up there and said I didn't have time to do the rebate and they took the $50.00 rebate off the sale price, or so I thought, come to find out it was on sale for $249, when they did the raincheck they deducted the $50 rebate and me not knowing talked them into giving me another $50 off so $149 plus tax. I called the store a couple days later when I found out and the Manager said well Merry Christmas then, thanks for calling. I can't tell you how many rounds I've put through it or how many people have shot it, I've taken a lot of friends and family mostly female shooting and it always is one of the guns I bring ( if I can get it back together after cleaning it ). It's a light matches at 50 feet gun and way more accurate then I could ever be.

I could probably add a few more on here, I'm like a kid in a candy store when I get one I like and if I don't like it I'll sell them fairly quick.

My old Ruger GP100. I was excited about it, it was my first new, in the box, handgun. I'd bought and sold a couple of used guns, but it was my gift to myself for my 21st birthday.
    And I still own it. It's the gun I break out for friendly range bets, or when friends when they say, "I bet you can't hit that."

Sig STX. It was gorgeous in the box, and wonderfully accurate. As accurate as the Kimber Team Match I still regret selling. This is the pistol that I stake my life on, it's the pistol I trust to protect my family and my home.

SIG P210. When Geno from Wicked Trigger called and said, "You should stop by the store. I have something you will want", I was curious. When I saw it, I was excited. When I shot it, I was awestruck. The price tag was disconcerting, but I still have no regrets.

Ruger Mk IV. I hated my Ruger 22/45; it was poorly balanced, inaccurate, and a jam-o-matic. That stupid thing never did make it through a magazine without choking like a pothead eating peanut butter. I bought a MK IV, and was absolutely impressed! The quick, easy takedown, and the pinpoint accuracy exceeded my every expectation.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    My 2011 that I had built by a gunsmith in Michigan.

I had shot 2011s before buying this one, but never had one custom built. He had built plenty of 2011s before, but mine was sort of an R&D project using a combination of parts that he had not used before. This included a new style grip, wider frame, and island barrel. The pistol has been 100% reliable after break-in and with correct loads has almost no recoil. I was beyond excited when I placed my down payment and it blew away my expectations when I received it.

I am a Forum User
    My HK USC to UMP sbr conversion in .45 has been worth every penny. Almost always comes to the range with me no matter what else I'm shooting that day.

The FNX45. I had zero.....absolutely zero interest in the gun. I worked at an FFL for a number of years, so I had the chance to handle quite a few, but just never got into them. Years ago, a member posted a LNIB FNX45 on here for $450. Just throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what would stick, I offered him $400. He accepted. It turned out to be one of my primary carry guns, and a gun I’ll never sell. Even had a full custom holster made for it. Softest shooting .45 I’ve ever shot, eats everything, and 16 rounds of .45 auto is outright impressive. I have to be careful with it, since it’s such a pleasure to shoot I end up ripping through .45 as if it were .22. The trigger is vague in both DA and SA, and the grip is “squishy” without a mag in the gun, but the capacity and smooth 9mm-like recoil more than makes up for it. As a combat/ defensive gun it’s fantastic. Shockingly accurate for what it is.

I am a Forum User
    HK USP 45 .. It is everything I thought it would be and more. The weird thing about HK in general is that when you dry fire them the trigger does not impress you, it is an average trigger with no wows.. But wait until you shoot the gun and you will be amazed by how easy to hit all targets with minimal effort.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    HK USP 45 .. It is everything I thought it would be and more. The weird thing about HK in general is that when you dry fire them the trigger does not impress you, it is an average trigger with no wows.. But wait until you shoot the gun and you will be amazed by how easy to hit all targets with minimal effort.
    Pretty true assessment.

I am a Forum User
    Had a couple surprise me.. Had bought a Glock 22, as I'd collected so much 40 S&W brass, I needed something to shoot it.
    I.m not a Glock fan..try as I have can't get over the balance of a light polymer frame below & heavier slide & barrel on top.
    Was picking up a 1911 I'd had cerakoted , & asked if the gunsmith could recommend a good 40 S&W. As luck would have it, he had a Sig 226S in 40 S&W he'd sell,
    as he needed money for a new trans for his truck. (the 226S in a Sig Custom Shop pistol, aka the X-5 Target, made in Germany)
    He let me test fire it..First shot I took was dead center bullseye. I said, "I'll take it"..
    Though the most expensive pistol I'd bought @ the time..it was a bargain.
    This pistol has consistently put the 1st shot in the center of the bullseye every time I've shot it... wouldn't sell it for 2x what I paid for it.
    Beautiful workmanship & fits my hand like it was made for it.

Though I've owned many revolvers, both by Ruger & S&W, in a variety of calibers, I've preferred S&W over the Rugers for aesthetic reasons partially,
    but mostly because the S&W triggers are so much smoother. Despite this, my favorite .357 is a 6" Blued Ruger Security Six.
    I bought it after Ruger stopped making them, as they were being replaced by the GP100. A distributor had them @ "below" closeout prices.
    I was attending SDSU in So.Calif. @ the time, using the GI bill..didn't have a lot of extra cash..living on $350.00/mo
    A classmate @ school, in my class, was a shooter & learning some gun smithing. He offered to polish the trigger on my new pistol, so I let him work on it.
    Anyone who shoots my Sec Six is impressed with the trigger...It came out very well, & ended up becoming my favorite revolver.

Last I'll mention is another favorite revolver..a S&W model 29.. 6" Blued 44 mag. Stopped in to my favorite So.Calif. gun shop & Doug , the owner,
    told me.."you should buy one of these Model 29's.. I got a great deal on them." He gave me a great deal,so it followed me home. Besides the Ruger mentioned above, it's my other favorite.
    Great shooter, has a very nice trigger, more accurate than I can consistently shoot it.
    Had it since around 1980, & about 30 yrs. ago turned down an offer 2X what I paid for it.. as with the above mentioned handguns, It's a keeper.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast