Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    .." an average gun until you bought it and it exceeded your expectations".. that's NOT what the title of the thread asked for.. ..
    it says.. " what gun were you excited/hyped about that you ended up being thrilled with once you owned it? "

but I can think of one in response to your query ..

Read about a special deal here on MGO for a complete AR-15 upper w/ BCG & CH..from a local company called Combat Armory.
    I've never shot steel cased ammo in any of my (3) Ar's chambered in . 223 /5.56..,. only factory ammo or my hand loads.
    As Tula & Wolf 223 was selling for about what it cost me in component cost to load my own, ( @ the time) ...I bought 1K rds,of Tula & some Wolf.
    After seeing this bargain priced upper, decided it'd be a good candidate to feed that cheap ammo through.
    After getting the upper, I bought a mount, rings, & scope..then attached it my Bushmaster lower.
    I decided to try some of my "plinker bullets" to break it in & sight in the scope.
    here's a 5 shot group from it @ 50 yds..

[IMG][/IMG]

that upper is more accurate (shoots tighter groups) than any of my other AR's.. not bad for a bargain rifle.
    I decided not to feed it the steel cased ammo. Ended up selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    This reminded me of something. Many years ago, I bought a H&R handi-rifle in .243. It was before they were bought by the Freedom group, so it’s quality was actually very good. It shot honest dime sized groups at 100 yards. At the time I got it (a teenager I think) I was too inexperienced to understand how big a deal that was out of a $200 rifle. I still have it, but haven’t shot it in a good 15 years. Just lost interest in it. But I’ve always kept it around because every H&R I’ve bought after the Remlin takeover was crap, and it still is the most accurate rifle I’ve owned.
    thats a good example, I did not have one like that myself to share.

I am a Forum User
    Kimber model 82 chambered in 22LR .... I wish I would have run back to the store and bought one chambered in 22WMR .

Jack

I am a Forum User
    Glock 19x. When it was first introduced, I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. Opposite of what everyone wanted (19 grip and 17 slide). I traded for a 19x and absolutely love it. The longer frame makes it balance great.

Took a trip out to Colorado a few years back and whenever we're on vacation I try to squeeze in some shooting. There was a mg range with rental guns about 10 minutes away from our airbnb so the boy and I went. Shot a bunch of different handguns of which nothing stands out as memorable. I have a semi thompson so we shot a FA thompson. Shot FA M4's which my kid was ecstatic about. Then he saw they had an FA uzi. Never paid much attention to them as I've always heard they are inaccurate bullet hoses next to the MP5's which shoot so nicely. But the boy wanted to shoot it so we rented it. It was surprisingly very controllable and accurate. Not as accurate as a MP5, but very close and I was surprised. I think I shot off 750rnds through it and my boy about 250 as he preferred the M4's. I liked that UZI enough that when we got back home I looked into the semiauto options since the FA ones are the price of a nice used car or truck. Uzi kits were $175, repair sections about $75 and a SBR tax stamp is $200. Little machine time to convert the bolt to semi and fire control parts to semi, $15 barrel blank and $40 USA made furniture set to get me four 922r parts. Plus a little welding with the hobart mig welder once the stamp comes back and we should have a halfway decent uzi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    Took a trip out to Colorado a few years back and whenever we're on vacation I try to squeeze in some shooting. There was a mg range with rental guns about 10 minutes away from our airbnb so the boy and I went. Shot a bunch of different handguns of which nothing stands out as memorable. I have a semi thompson so we shot a FA thompson. Shot FA M4's which my kid was ecstatic about. Then he saw they had an FA uzi. Never paid much attention to them as I've always heard they are inaccurate bullet hoses next to the MP5's which shoot so nicely. But the boy wanted to shoot it so we rented it. It was surprisingly very controllable and accurate. Not as accurate as a MP5, but very close and I was surprised. I think I shot off 750rnds through it and my boy about 250 as he preferred the M4's. I liked that UZI enough that when we got back home I looked into the semiauto options since the FA ones are the price of a nice used car or truck. Uzi kits were $175, repair sections about $75 and a SBR tax stamp is $200. Little machine time to convert the bolt to semi and fire control parts to semi, $15 barrel blank and $40 USA made furniture set to get me four 922r parts. Plus a little welding with the hobart mig welder once the stamp comes back and we should have a halfway decent uzi clone.
    that sounds kina interesting report back on it when you are done, total cost etc, how it performs.

I am a Forum User
    Would have to say its either my CZ 452 2E 22lr rifle.
    Bought the cz on a whim for a decent price and laughed at how long the barrel is and was absolutely stunned at how nice and wonderful it is to shoot. Has become my favorite rifle to take to the range.

#1 VP9
    #2 CZ Custom Bull Shadow 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123