Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 4698 of 2021 - Provide for penalties for falsely pulling an active shooter alarm in a public place

HB 4698 of 2021
    Crimes: penalties; penalties for falsely pulling an active shooter alarm in a public place; provide for. Amends 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.1 - 750.568) by adding sec. 499.
    Last Action: 4/27/2021 bill electronically reproduced 04/27/2021
    Last edited by PhotoTom; 05-12-2021 at 07:38 AM.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 4698 of 2021
    Crimes: penalties; penalties for falsely pulling an active shooter alarm in a public place; provide for. Amends 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.1 - 750.568) by adding sec. 499.
    Last Action: 5/4/2021 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...8-CCFA2026.pdf
    Last edited by PhotoTom; 05-12-2021 at 07:38 AM.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 4698 of 2021
    Last Action: 5/11/2021 referred to second reading

Bill came out of committee, reported with recommendation with substitute (H-1)

MGO Board of Directors

HB 4698 of 2021
    Last Action: 5/20/2021 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...8-6FD9731C.pdf

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...8-FA7E8CB5.pdf

I am a Forum User
    I've never seen one of these, where are they located?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    I've never seen one of these, where are they located?
    http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...8-FA7E8CB5.pdf

Active shooter alarm systems are now available for installation in such public places as schools, colleges and universities, shopping malls, concerts, and places of employment. The active shooter alarm systems look and function similarly to fire alarms in that an alarm system will alert local law enforcement and may flash lights or voice a warning such as “lockdown, lockdown.” An active shooter alarm system in a school may alert other schools in the district of the current incident. To avoid confusion with a fire alarm, which is red, active shooter alarm boxes are blue and typically have POLICE in large letters.

I am a Forum User
    Active shooter alarm systems are now available for installation in such public places as schools, colleges and universities, shopping malls, concerts, and places of employment. The active shooter alarm systems look and function similarly to fire alarms in that an alarm system will alert local law enforcement and may flash lights or voice a warning such as “lockdown, lockdown.” An active shooter alarm system in a school may alert other schools in the district of the current incident. To avoid confusion with a fire alarm, which is red, active shooter alarm boxes are blue and typically have POLICE in large letters.
    Again, has anyone ever actually seen one of these?

If so, where?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Again, has anyone ever actually seen one of these?

If so, where?
    The way it reads, it sounds like they have become available, but not necessarily installed anywhere yet.

Something stimulated a "need" for this bill…so either they ARE installed somewhere and someone activated it…or, the lawmakers were advised (perhaps by manufacturers) to work on a bill such as this since they are not fire alarms.

I haven't seen them yet…

MGO Board of Directors

HB 4698 of 2021
    Last Action: 5/25/2021 transmitted

Passed the House, heading for the Senate.
    Last edited by PhotoTom; 06-07-2022 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Disabled smilies

MGO Board of Directors

HB 4698 of 2021
    Last Action: 6/6/2022 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...SFA-4698-L.pdf

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast