Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: .22 WMR Scope

.22 WMR Scope

I recently purchased a Ruger .22 mag bolt action and I'm not real sure what the optimal all round scope would be best to mount.

A 22mag is a fairly close range cartridge, <175 yds except for the smallest of game animals and IMHO that is stretching it.
    What are you doing with the rifle? For hunting and general target work a 3x9 or 4x14 is all you would likely ever need, for paper and wanting to see the holes 20X isn’t enough at times. Be aware most rifle scopes start focusing at 50 yds and out. You will want a scope that will allow a good focus at modest ranges. The “focus” is related to parallax and can be important to connecting on your target.

I’d take a look at the Vortex Crossfire ll 4x16x50. It has plenty of magnification and will focus down to 25 yds from infinity which you will like for those closer shots. The same scope but 3x12x56 is another and it will focus to 10 yds.
    Athalon ofers their Neos in a 4-12x40 version that also will focus to 10 yds and would be another good choice.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I have a few of these Cabela's Rimfire scopes in 22 LR, 22 Mag and 17 HMR. I checked the optics at the store before purchase and all presented a clear, bright picture. They work great for me for critters. I am not a hunter (just critter control) or a target shooter I don't need the best of the best scopes. $99 is pretty hard to beat.