Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

ATF - New proposed rule 2021R-05, Definition of “Frame or Receiver” and Identification of Firearms

New Proposed Rule - Definition of "Frame or Receiver" and Identification of Firearms

What Does the New Proposed Rule Mean

On May 7, 2021, the Attorney General signed ATF proposed rule 2021R-05, Definition of “Frame or Receiver” and Identification of Firearms. The goal of the proposed rule is to ensure the proper marking, recordkeeping, and traceability of all firearms manufactured, imported, acquired and disposed by federal firearms licensees.

This proposed rule would among others, provide new or amend previous definitions of terms related to or about “firearm frame or receivers” and “frame or receivers.” For more details on these definitions, please visit our website at: https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...me-or-receiver.

What Can You Do

ATF requests comments on the proposed rule, Definition of “Frame or Receiver” and Identification of Firearms, from all interested persons.

ATF specifically requests comments on the feasibility of implementing the new definition of firearm “frame or receiver” in 27 CFR 478.11 and 27 CFR 479.11, and related definitions and amendments that ensure the proper marking, recordkeeping, and traceability of all firearms manufactured, imported, acquired and disposed by federal firearms licensees.

ATF also requests comments on the costs or benefits of the proposed rule and on the appropriate methodology and data for calculating those costs and benefits.

For more information on how to submit your comments visit our website at: https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...submit-comment.

MGO Member
    Solution in search of a problem.

I am a Forum User
    Yea, well, their "problem" are "ghost guns". You know, because they are the overwhelming choice of criminals ... over and above stolen guns with serial numbers on them.

MGO Member
    Yeah, because criminals love to spend time in the machine shop to finish 80%s.

I am a Forum User
    Here's an old rule I just made up. For every new Law/Rule etc that these Gov't Agencies/Depts make, they must get rid of one. It's kind of an exchange program. It would work with alot of things. Take for instance immigration. If one wants to get in, one must leave etc. See how many problems this could solve. I might be drinking. Don't judge. It's a good idea.

Only an idiot believes this proposal is about criminals and guns unless it's about making criminals out of lawful gun owners.

I am a Forum User
    So is there a readers digest version of what these proposed rules entail or are they too vague and can be interpreted many ways besides what leftists say they mean?
    Last edited by LockNLoad; 05-08-2021 at 05:12 AM.

I am a Forum User
    And it's not in the Federal eRulemaking Portal yet, so no comments can be made. Hope they have comments open in the next couple days.

How many 80% firearms, or "home made" firearms have actually been used in a crime? And what percentage vs firearms produced by a manufacturer? I am sure it is less than 1%.

Since when did we give agencies the power to write law?
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast