Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I'd suggest a study be done to determine the number of "home made" firearms that have actually been used in a crime, before deciding to implement a policy to regulate them.

We all know the number found wouldn't be sufficient to cover the cost of this study. This is about Govt. control...

I am a Forum User
    If someone wishes to post the letter they’re submitting, I’ll be happy to copy and submit it as well.

I’m just not finding a way to compose something coherent due to issues with what I’m supposed to be commenting about. The stuff is so undefined it’s sick.

Not just about Poly 80s. There's been a couple different successful lawsuits (ATF actually just decided to not pursue) regarding the upper/lower receiver of an AR platform. Since technically the lower only meets one of 4 criteria to be defined as a firearm, the idea of serializing and forcing FFL transfer of the AR lower receiver is not enforceable. It's a split receiver, so neither part on its own is a firearm. This will alleviate that as well.
    What will be hard to enforce or even conceptualize is what is an 'easily convertible' product. Block of aluminum; box of raw plastic; the list goes on.

I am a Forum User
    Still doesn't appear the comment page is available yet.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by LockNLoad View Post
    So is there a readers digest version of what these proposed rules entail or are they too vague and can be interpreted many ways besides what leftists say they mean?
    There's a White House summary of the six initial actions they want/wanted something done with that Slow Joe covered in his speech on 07 APR 2021:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...alth-epidemic/

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    There's a White House summary of the six initial actions they want/wanted something done with that Slow Joe covered in his speech on 07 APR 2021:

Thanks Scoop, but I’d rather have something from an 2A supporter viewpoint. The Biden WH doesn’t carry a lot of integrity with me on this issue.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks Scoop, but I’d rather have something from an 2A supporter viewpoint. The Biden WH doesn’t carry a lot of integrity with me on this issue.
    Read the six bolded sentences in that summary - that's what you asked for.

This proposed rule is the first of the six.

I am a Forum User
    Read the six bolded sentences in that summary - that's what you asked for.

This proposed rule is the first of the six.
    Not wanting to argue with you on this, but here is that first paragraph:

The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”

We are experiencing a growing problem: criminals are buying kits containing nearly all of the components and directions for finishing a firearm within as little as 30 minutes and using these firearms to commit crimes. When these firearms turn up at crime scenes, they often cannot be traced by law enforcement due to the lack of a serial number. The Justice Department will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of these firearms.

That’s as precise as mud. The actual rule reads as precise as mud. What part are they going to want to serialize since none of it in its current form is a firearm? What constitutes a firearm under this new rule? I mean you can MacGyver something out of things in your garage to shoot a bullet/shell if desired. Will I be arrested for having black pipe, a chip clip, a punch, and some wood somewhere in my property all at one time? It may only fire one shell and not even safely, but still....

I am a Forum User
    Not wanting to argue with you on this, but here is that first paragraph:

The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”

We are experiencing a growing problem: criminals are buying kits containing nearly all of the components and directions for finishing a firearm within as little as 30 minutes and using these firearms to commit crimes. When these firearms turn up at crime scenes, they often cannot be traced by law enforcement due to the lack of a serial number. The Justice Department will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of these firearms.

That’s as precise as mud. The actual rule reads as precise as mud. What part are they going to want to serialize since none of it in its current form is a firearm? What constitutes a firearm under this new rule? I mean you can MacGyver something out of things in your garage to shoot a bullet/shell if desired. Will I be arrested for having black pipe, a chip clip, a punch, and some wood somewhere in my property all at one time? It may only fire one shell and not even safely, but still....
    Q. Can you or can you not currently purchase unserialized components (frame, slide, barrel, etc.) from which you can build a firearm that did not require a background check?
    A. Yes

Q. Are these guns commonly referred to as "ghost guns"?
    A. Yes.

Q. Did the WH say that, "The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”?
    A. Yes

I didn't say anything other than READ THE BOLD SENTENCES.

I am a Forum User
    So is there a readers digest version of what these proposed rules entail or are they too vague and can be interpreted many ways besides what leftists say they mean?

Q. Can you or can you not currently purchase unserialized components (frame, slide, barrel, etc.) from which you can build a firearm that did not require a background check?
    A. Yes

Q. Are these guns commonly referred to as "ghost guns"?
    A. Yes.

Q. Did the WH say that, "The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”?
    A. Yes

I didn't say anything other than READ THE BOLD SENTENCES.

I quoted my original question and your response.

What parts are going to require serialization? The new rules are vague as hell.

The White House release doesn’t cover anything about my question.

Again, no desire to argue with you over this.

I’m looking for information as to what they are actually talking (if anyone has a better understanding) about requiring number on since the damn rule is so overly broad it could be anything from how it reads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast