Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Astra Broomhandle 7.63

Help!
    I was given this as a gift (along with 7 other guns, most of which I have no idea what they are). I know it is an Astra Broomhandle and the serial number is 2xx9x. All I have found so far is that the serial number puts it in the 1st year of production 1933 and among the first 200 made. The gun has never been fired and meticulously taken care of. Honestly it looks brand new. I have included pictures. The odd thing is it is in a very nice custom made briefcase that looks to be from 1933 as well. This was given to me by a close friend who was 94 years old and passed away recently. My dear friend was a member of the “OSS” in WWII and later was part of the “CIC” (counter intelligence corps) during Korea. He was in charge of the negotiations at Koje Do Prison camp in Korea when General Dodd was taken hostage for 3 days. He was instrumental in the release of General Dodd and the subsequent quelling of an uprising that took place afterwards. I tell you that because he received this during his career. I have all of the Congressional record info etc on him but this case and gun have never been fired and possibly not even handled without white gloves since it was made. In addition to this gun he gave me a palm pistol in the original box, knuckle duster (unfired) a Mauser C96 in the wooden shoulder stock that was a bring back from WWII and 2 long guns.
    I have absolutely no idea where or how to start to find out info, what to insure it for? I don’t know if it’s a $200 or $500 gun or a $2,000 -5,000 gun.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I could even meet someone if that had a specialty in this weapon.
    Thanks for any help.E28F05FF-098A-42E7-8A24-BFA748A8EA5C.jpg069CA76C-71DF-4E3F-BBC8-FDDFB875BBF7.jpgF6239849-3C42-44B7-852D-BB664F4D9F2F.jpg

I can’t give you an estimate, but can tell you my brother recently had a old war bring back Mauser made broom handle in fair shape (no holster, some rust) valued at $1800 by a gun shop near him. There is definitely collector value and yours should well worth finding a reputable appraiser..

Absolutely a beautiful gun BTW.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    Nearest one I could find on Gunbroker was a 98% example, without stock that went for $3500.
    An Astra 900 stock only went for $900.
    The one you have appears to be presentation piece. I would not be surprised to see it go for North of $6000 on Gunbroker- maybe considerably more if a couple collectors got in a bidding war.
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dino1197 View Post
    Help!
    I was given this as a gift (along with 7 other guns, most of which I have no idea what they are). I know it is an Astra Broomhandle and the serial number is 2xx9x. All I have found so far is that the serial number puts it in the 1st year of production 1933 and among the first 200 made. The gun has never been fired and meticulously taken care of. Honestly it looks brand new. I have included pictures. The odd thing is it is in a very nice custom made briefcase that looks to be from 1933 as well. This was given to me by a close friend who was 94 years old and passed away recently. My dear friend was a member of the “OSS” in WWII and later was part of the “CIC” (counter intelligence corps) during Korea. He was in charge of the negotiations at Koje Do Prison camp in Korea when General Dodd was taken hostage for 3 days. He was instrumental in the release of General Dodd and the subsequent quelling of an uprising that took place afterwards. I tell you that because he received this during his career. I have all of the Congressional record info etc on him but this case and gun have never been fired and possibly not even handled without white gloves since it was made. In addition to this gun he gave me a palm pistol in the original box, knuckle duster (unfired) a Mauser C96 in the wooden shoulder stock that was a bring back from WWII and 2 long guns.
    I have absolutely no idea where or how to start to find out info, what to insure it for? I don’t know if it’s a $200 or $500 gun or a $2,000 -5,000 gun.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I could even meet someone if that had a specialty in this weapon.
    Thanks for any help.E28F05FF-098A-42E7-8A24-BFA748A8EA5C.jpg069CA76C-71DF-4E3F-BBC8-FDDFB875BBF7.jpgF6239849-3C42-44B7-852D-BB664F4D9F2F.jpg
    According to BBofGV

Show Historic Prices
    Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
    $4,500 $3,500 $2,500 $1,500 $1,000 $800 $700

Add $1,250 for non-matching shoulder stock.
    Add $1,750 for matching stock.
    Add 50% for early Bolo grip variation.
    Add 20% for specimens with Chinese characters.

MGO Member
    Found this online. Same case, but accessories appear to be complete. Doesn't say how much it sold for:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101369810
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

You might ask your question here: https://www.gunboards.com/forums/the...stol-board.40/ There are many on that forum with a lot of Astra knowledge.

MGO Member
    Thank you so much, it looks like it has never been touched.

MGO Member
    Damn, that is amazing. This Gun truly looks to have been never fired, stored correctly, and is a very early serial number. Thanks everyone for the input and I truly can’t believe how much this is worth. Wow.

MGO Member
    So I found a similar one on guns America. It is restored, early serial number bolo grip and is listed at $6,150. No case, no complete kit with stripper clips, ammo etc but about the same Gun. In was made after mine and is just a Gun and been restored. Holy cow!

MGO Member
    Your friend thought a lot of you, record the history as he told it. These will be great memories for the rest of your life.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast