Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SBR marking recommendation

Our form 1's came back in a month and a week which is much faster than I thought they would. Hadn't even looked at who near Grand Rapids does SBR markings. In the past I've used a guy down in TX for non FFL stuff, but would rather not ship FFL/NFA items. A search through threads here recommends Veritas down in Union which is on the list. Two local companies, LC Tactical LLC in Alto does SBR markings https://lctactical.us/ And West MI Cerakote and Laser in Kentwood does as well https://www.westmicerakote.com/

Does anyone have any experience with either LC Tactical or West MI Cerakote and Laser?

I am a Forum User
    Veritas does Great work, but would be a drive for you. I can only speak of WMC's Cerakote work, and it's top notch.

Veritas engraved 2 receivers for me while I waited. Call them, ask if you can make such an appointment.
    Active airport shooter

I'll third Veritas.
    They've engraved 5 lowers for me, to include a custom one with a lot of detail.
    Worth the drive.

I am a Forum User
    I will fourth Veritas.

Phone/Email and make appointment for NFA engraving. Tell Phil what you want.
    Drive down and meet Phil, super cool dude.
    Watch Phil laser engrave your NFA goodies. You will leave with a big smile.
    I have done many items with Phil. This is where you want to go.
    Worth the drive for sure.
    Last edited by Axiom; 06-04-2021 at 08:40 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I have buddy's that used Veritas with no issue. Personally I buy factory built SBR's only so I don't have to engrave anything .

I am a Forum User
    Is it still true that engraving the item isn't necessary unless you are going to sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by BugsSon402 View Post
    Is it still true that engraving the item isn't necessary unless you are going to sell it?
    I've seen that writeup also. The ATF has a history of flip flopping their decisions so I'll be marking mine. I would be tempted to not mark the 100% FFL receivers since they already have the make/mod/ser# on the gun which would match the information on the stamp, but if you didn't mark the 80% lowers then how would you ever prove the one you have is the one you have the stamp for and not a different one?

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    I've seen that writeup also. The ATF has a history of flip flopping their decisions so I'll be marking mine. I would be tempted to not mark the 100% FFL receivers since they already have the make/mod/ser# on the gun which would match the information on the stamp, but if you didn't mark the 80% lowers then how would you ever prove the one you have is the one you have the stamp for and not a different one?

Do you have a link to that write up? I’d be interested to not have to mark a factory lower w/Form 1-so I’d like to read & research for myself.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Do you have a link to that write up? I’d be interested to not have to mark a factory lower w/Form 1-so I’d like to read & research for myself.
    It was on the The Truth about Guns site https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/do...-form-1ed-sbr/ and the flip-flop https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/up...-requirements/ Even they go on to say that when you sell it, or it leaves your possession it needs to be marked even if removed from the registry. There are other examples out there but for me it comes down to "do I want to be a guinea pig"? And the answer to that is NO. So if it has to be marked eventually, then why possibly open yourself up to unneeded aggravation?

I incorporated the model, ser# and caliber from the original manufacturer information on the SBR paperwork, so as the Maker I just need to add my Name, City and State on these receivers. I've got two form 1 suppressor stamps and am working on a semi uzi build from an 80% and a couple other 80% receivers that will be SBR'd that will need the whole: name; city; state; model; ser#; caliber markings put on them. For the 80%'s since I'll be the Manufacturer and Maker they won't need a trip back to get SBR markings as the standard info on them will be incorporated on the SBR paperwork.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast