Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 scope

MGO Member

.22 scope

What is the very best bang for the buck scope for a new .22. Looking at a 3X9 or so, Something reasonable but decent.Thanks

I am a Forum User
    That's like asking what brand of oil is best..
    I like Burris scopes for moderate price & good clarity, others like Nikon, Leupold, or any other brand.
    Usually better scopes will be those costing more..
    probably best to say what you're going to use it for..hunting ? Target ? Plinking ?
    and distance you'll be shooting

Vortex of your choice.

I have been happy with Cabela's rimfire scopes. I have several on 22LR, 22Mag and 17HMR.

Unless you find a scope with a parallax adjustment which is doubtful in under a 12x scope be sure your choice is designed for rimfires. Most scopes under this peak magnification have parallax set at 100/150 yds while you will likely be shooting mostly at 25/50 yds with a rimfire. Fixed parallax can work, but eye placement behind the ocular lens becomes pretty important.
    Bushnell and Burris make good reasonably priced rimfire scopes and Vortex or Athlon would be good brands to consider for a scope with a tad more magnification then you mentioned that will allow parallax adjustments down to as low as 10yds. I tend to prefer the higher magnification due to the fact I tend to shoot at smaller targets with my 22s such as aspirin tab sized bullseye and need all the help I can get.
    I really liked the Weaver and Nikon lines of rimfire scopes, but they are now out of business. I also have a Vortex Viper 6.5x20 on a Lilja barreled CZ 455 and a Crossfire 6x18 on a CZ452. Both are over kill but do a very good job at the ranges and targets I shoot at. The Crossfire 6x18 can be found for ~$200 a 4x12 version probably for about $25/$50 less. These are center fire scopes that also work well on 22s. Burris and Bushnells rimfire scopes, both good choices are about 1/2 the price of the mentioned center fire scopes and would be my choices if you are on a budget. Both offer multiple variations IIRC
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    IMO, BSA Sweet 17.

MGO Member
    The reason for the post was it's hard too keep up with new offerings/new company's and the more eyes the better. Have a wide range of scopes from cheap to still making payments. Scope is meant for garden duty on a real quit .22 with most shots well under 75yrds and a few at nose to muzzle. Just kinda looking for that diamond in the rough?

MGO Member
    I had a Simmons on a 10-22 and it was OK for the price - which was pretty low.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

MGO Member
    Here is one to consider with a lot of features, lower low power with all the adjustments. This will offer you ability to dial in focus.

https://www.amazon.com/BSA-Guns-22-2...3KK9V0YBQPGQ64

MGO Member
    I picked up 2 Bushnell Prime 3.5-10x36mm scopes for rimfire guns. Not too big, and adjustable AO.
    They are a discontinued model that was $150, Natchez still has a few at $75.99 close out.

https://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-p...ack-matte.html
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast