Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Prices Increases Coming from Manufacturers

Just an FYI, if there's any gun out there you've been thinking about getting, now might be the time. When talking to my distributors they're making me aware that companies are starting to raise their prices. Smith & Wesson is putting through a price increase on most of their guns, and a few other manufacturers are as well. If a manufacturer hasn't done so yet, it probably won't be long.

Lately a lot of the prices have come down on guns where availability is prevalent, and prices are just about back down to pre-plandemic levels. Expect prices going forward to go up about 5% once manufacturer prices increases start to be applied.

I am a Forum User
    not surprising @ all..prices on almost everything have risen recently..chalk it up to inflation.
    I did notice that AR 15 prices had dropped.
    I had figured they would, since ammo had gotten so expensive, sales must have fallen on them

I am a Forum User
    Literally EVERYTHING is going up in price and will continue to do so under this administration. Well, everything except salaries.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    not surprising @ all..prices on almost everything have risen recently..chalk it up to inflation.
    I did notice that AR 15 prices had dropped.
    I had figured they would, since ammo had gotten so expensive, sales must have fallen on them
    Demand has dropped off quite a bit, so prices on some things have come down compared to 2020 prices. May was about a 45% decrease in sales compared to March for me. Some of the really cheap 2019 pricing we used to see with stocking dealer programs are probably going to be gone for a while, and prices will be up from 2019.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by BugsSon402 View Post
    Literally EVERYTHING is going up in price and will continue to do so under this administration. Well, everything except salaries.
    I got an email from one of my (electrical) suppliers:

The last 18 months have been a challenging and unprecedented time for everyone. As the world emerges from disruption resulting from the pandemic, huge demands in the supply chain network have led to global shortages in raw materials from cardboard and metal to electronics and componentry.

These shortages have led to a demand that far exceeds supply and as a result, we are seeing a global increase in all costs from our suppliers.

Historically, during any economic uncertainty, we have absorbed these costs to provide our customers with the best service in terms of quality, lead time, and price.

Our inventory covers more than 41,000 different manufacturers with over 24 million parts. Where other suppliers will have to wait for products locked up at ports, or wait on raw materials to complete the build, our customers can more often expect quick, in-stock delivery of needed items.

Therefore effective immediately, we have no choice but to institute a SUPPLY CHAIN FEE of $10 per order for all orders. This has been a difficult decision, but
    we make it to ensure we can continue to be your number one supplier of choice.
    While that doesn't exactly make sense to me (the arbitrary $10/order fee), point being…many industries have been effected by the pandemic, the current administration, economic impacts, etc.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

My company has been receiving cost increase notifications from all our suppliers. It was usually once a year after inventory, but we are now getting many from the same suppliers during the same calendar year.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Yep. Breath it in guys and gals. Smell that wonderful fragrance of 5% inflation like a wet blanket trying to smother the fires of the American economy.

MGO Member
    tryed to buy a democrate last week price was 15% higher than last year

I am a Forum User
    Consumer prices for May accelerated at their fastest pace in nearly 13 years as inflation pressures continued to build in the U.S. economy, the Labor Department reported Thursday.

The consumer price index, which represents a basket including food, energy, groceries, housing costs and sales across a spectrum of goods, rose 5% from a year earlier. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been expecting a gain of 4.7%.

The reading represented the biggest CPI gain since the 5.3% increase in August 2008, just before the financial crisis sent the U.S. spiraling into the worst recession since the Great Depression.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/10/cpi-may-2021.html

MGO Board of Directors

When I get a quote from a pipe supplier for a larger order of steel pipe, the price is only good until the end of the business day. Steel costs me over 3x what it did last December. If Im buying PVC, in sizes larger than 6", we have been notified that they may have difficulty filling a large order, if you can get it at all. I have not had supply interruptions yet, just price increases. I have not seen either happen in 20 years working in this industry. Copper pipe and fittings have always fluctuated, but everything else was steady or at least regular increases that could usually be anticipated.

I usually update my pricing database for my estimation software 1 or 2 times a month, its been 3-5 times a week lately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast