Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    There are two windows for next day (around) appointments on the SOS website….

8:00am

12:00pm

When those available appointments are taken, the system reverts back to the months out appointments for non-urgent needs. When you get here, try making a new appointment for the following day or two at those times. You may have to try a few times, but you will eventually get something sooner than September.
    I may have another angle. Went onto the SOS website to see if my DL was still in the system- it is. Thinking I may be able to do a change of address and request a new DL sent to my new address. Just have to wait till I move so I'm not carrying around ID for two different states.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Moved back in Aug of 2018 and my CPL still had almost 3 years left on it. Think it expired in April of this year.
    Then you still qualify for a renewal of your CPL.

When you get your DL with your new address, call the State Police & get a PIN and apply on line for your permit.

Or... just go to your county clerk and apply for a renewal in person.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Registration and NICs checks are two separate operations. I have an AZ CPL which I'll transition into a non-resident one when I establish MI residency so I don't have to mail in the RI60. But unless I'm missing something, that has nothing to do with the ATF stating MI CPLs are not grounds for skipping NICs.
    I could have sworn your post bemoaned ‘registration’ but I guess I conflated that with your reference to NICS…
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Member
    My plates and drivers license were just about to expire... I used a kiosk at the Kroger store here in Saginaw...did both tabs and license renewal right there no appointment just put in plate number. It prints out sticker and also temp paper for driver license. It was that easy..

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    You can use any government issued ID and a vehicle registration with your address. A passport or CPL would work for an ID.

Is Dunham's not aware of this or are they unwilling to do it?
    Nope. I had an audit a few months back, and my IOI asked why I photo copy CPL's along with a Michigan Drivers License. She informed me that a MI CPL was in no way. shape or form a valid ID in transferring or selling a firearm. I attempted to object, and she literally start screaming at me in my own house. A more rude and angry person I've never met.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry2007 View Post
    Nope. I had an audit a few months back, and my IOI asked why I photo copy CPL's along with a Michigan Drivers License. She informed me that a MI CPL was in no way. shape or form a valid ID in transferring or selling a firearm. I attempted to object, and she literally start screaming at me in my own house. A more rude and angry person I've never met.
    Later on in the thread that you probably didn't get to yet we figured that out that a CPL isn't valid. A passport is.

I really hope that isn't the IOI I have to deal with one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry2007 View Post
    I audio and video record any official(s) who come to my house for whatever reason. Anyone being rude or abusive would discover a copy of that recording had been sent to the most top of the top of the top boss of theirs I could find.
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

Last edited by oldmann1967; 06-27-2021 at 05:03 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345