Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by bryani289swmi View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanted to post an update on this. This morning I spoke with an officer in the town where the scammer is from. The officer said he has spoken with the gentleman and the guy is supposedly coming into the police station at 10:00 AM tomorrow to discuss the issue. The officer said he will let me know what happens, he plans to charge the gentleman if he shows up. I’ll post more as I find out, hopefully some sort of good news. Thanks.

Bryan
    Sounds promising! Hopefully he actually shows up and this all gets sorted-out!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
    Fabulous, But Incompetent are to busy looking for what Biden has declared as Domestic Terrorists, you know; white, male, veteran, christian, patriots to care about someone getting scammed on a gun deal.
    If the check was put into the US Postal system, I'd suggest the Postal Inspectors, but they are too busy looking into social media for the above to deal with mail related crime.
    Not sure what Biden has to do with it, but okay.

Best of luck on getting to the bottom of this.
    Last edited by bottom line; 07-12-2021 at 08:16 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bottom line View Post
    Not sure what Biden has to do with it, but okay.

Best of luck on getting to the bottom of this.
    He was referring to the FBI (responding to "FBI territory" comment) and how Biden had the FBI busy chasing white supremacists instead of real threats. Not really that difficult to follow, IMHO.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    He was referring to the FBI (responding to "FBI territory" comment) and how Biden had the FBI busy chasing white supremacists instead of real threats. Not really that difficult to follow, IMHO.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by bottom line; 07-13-2021 at 06:50 AM.

MGO Member
    file a police report then contact your bank and initiate a fraud case on the check.

Well I’ve heard back from the Colorado local law enforcement in this case, unfortunately this is not the ending I was hoping for. The written response is below. Scams suck. I’ll soon be posting another ad for an Remington SP10. Thanks.

Bryan

Good afternoon,

I just wanted to touch base and let you know whats going on...

I was able to speak with Mr. XXXXXXXXX about the check -turns out he has also fallen victim to what is referred to as an "online romance scam." He met someone claiming to be a woman on Instagram who convinced him to receive checks on their behalf, cash them and forward the funds back to them. He advised he has done this multiple times for several thousands of dollars believing they were going to get married.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to criminally charge him based on the circumstances.

I apologize that we could not do more. The associated case report number is 00-0000. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions.

MGO Board of Directors

He met someone claiming to be a woman on Instagram who convinced him to receive checks on their behalf, cash them and forward the funds back to them.
    Yeah, that sounds legit.

Oh yeah, I forgot…"My pronouns" these days…

Seriously though, I am shocked that the Colorado PD is using pronouns vs "her"…
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    There is no "her". It's typically a group of scammers, so the pronoun use is correct.

I'm surprised they're not charging the guy. Being a sad sack lonely idiot isn't a get out of jail free card.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUSpartan99 View Post
    I'm surprised they're not charging the guy. Being a sad sack lonely idiot isn't a get out of jail free card.
    They are probably they'll get called "racists" and lose their jobs if they actually DO their jobs. After all, we're talking Colorado.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast