Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bryani289swmi View Post
    Well I’ve heard back from the Colorado local law enforcement in this case, unfortunately this is not the ending I was hoping for. The written response is below. Scams suck. I’ll soon be posting another ad for an Remington SP10. Thanks.

Bryan

Good afternoon,

I just wanted to touch base and let you know whats going on...

I was able to speak with Mr. XXXXXXXXX about the check -turns out he has also fallen victim to what is referred to as an "online romance scam." He met someone claiming to be a woman on Instagram who convinced him to receive checks on their behalf, cash them and forward the funds back to them. He advised he has done this multiple times for several thousands of dollars believing they were going to get married.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to criminally charge him based on the circumstances.

I apologize that we could not do more. The associated case report number is 00-0000. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions.
    If anyone actually believes that story, they also probably believe strippers care about them.

Did they actually verify any of those claims?

I don't know what one thing has to do with the other, just because the guy is getting scammed he gets a freebie for scamming someone else? I'd be forwarding all that info to the Colorado State police or Attorney General and the Postal inspector. Either it's someone's relative/friend or some other nefarious activity is going on.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    If anyone actually believes that story, they also probably believe strippers care about them.

Yeah, that’s laughable. Sounds like he is playing a sob story-I was a victim too as a pass to get out of his own trouble. Regardless, isn’t being a party to such illegal activities illegal and chargeable in itself? If I drive my ‘future wife’ to the bank to cash a check and she robs the joint I go to jail as an accessory.

This doesn’t pass the smell test.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    The associated case report number is 00-0000

Case 00-0000

That tells the story right there, the guy is probably the police chief's brother.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot77 View Post
    The associated case report number is 00-0000

Case 00-0000

That tells the story right there, the guy is probably the police chief's brother.
    The OP likely edited the report number as was done with Mr. XXXXXXX. Blaming the police is ridiculous. In fact, of all the scams pulled, and police investigations done pertaining to scams like this, this is the most in depth investigation with the most results I have ever seen before.

This particular case involved a check which was cashed, an actual address of a living person, and other information that is normally missing from investigations involving electronic transactions like Venmo.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post

Wait, what? They just acting?
    Active airport shooter

Just to answer a few questions:

-Colorado authorities did supposedly verify his story.
    -I deleted out the guys name and report number
    -I have forwarded the information to other agencies as suggested, I’m expected nothing further to happen
    -Through my investigation I have found the gentleman’s employer, I’m considering contacting them

Thanks.

Bryan

Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

-I have forwarded the information to other agencies as suggested, I’m expected nothing further to happen
    -Through my investigation I have found the gentleman’s employer, I’m considering contacting them

Thanks.

Bryan
    Gentleman? lol! Not the words I would use.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User

Thanks.

Bryan
    You are still out your money. If you think he has any assets, take him to small claims court and try to collect.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast