Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OpticsPlanet cancelling ammo pre-orders

This will probably be of surprise to no-one, but it looks like OpticsPlanet started cancelling pre-orders for ammo.

No explanation, customer support says they would need to get a manager to take a look at my case and contact me. Told me that twice, once two weeks ago, another time one week ago.

Guess I'll shop somewhere else going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowthrone View Post
    This will probably be of surprise to no-one, but it looks like OpticsPlanet started cancelling pre-orders for ammo.

No explanation, customer support says they would need to get a manager to take a look at my case and contact me. Told me that twice, once two weeks ago, another time one week ago.

Guess I'll shop somewhere else going forward.
    Probably depends how long you had your pre-order. My guess is you pre-ordered at a lower price than they're willing to sell for now and are just cancelling it outright.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    I ordered a 18.5in barrel in Jan, wonder if I'll get the same notice, as it's still not here

MGO Member
    I ordered some they said was in stock but then it was out after I ordered.

Since then they changed the shipping date every week for the last year.

MGO Member
    That place is a joke, I ordered a S&B scope from them, about $3k and after I received I got an email from customer service saying it was mis-priced and that it was actually $3700. They wanted me to send them $700. I politely declined stating that I could have gotten it much cheaper than that from other places.

Fortunately, I never heard from them again and I learned my lesson...I'll never order from them again!

I am a Forum User
    Yup. They discontinued mine. I'll NEVER give them my business again. Shady business move like Cheaper Than Dirt.

I am a Forum User
    I have 8 ammo orders with them, every one is between 11-13 months old, they are all currently pending. They keep pushing the dates out, but haven't cancelled any yet.

I assume they might ship when (if) the price comes back down to what it was when I ordered. They'll keep filling orders at higher prices for now and put mine on the back burner

Quote Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
    I have 8 ammo orders with them, every one is between 11-13 months old, they are all currently pending. They keep pushing the dates out, but haven't cancelled any yet.

I assume they might ship when (if) the price comes back down to what it was when I ordered. They'll keep filling orders at higher prices for now and put mine on the back burner
    That's basically what I had. Back from september/october of last year, getting pushed further and further out. Then I just got an email that order's cancelled.

Account Closed Forum User
    Do some Google searches on them and you will not be surprised the way they conduct business. You will find hundreds if not thousands of complaints about them back ordering stuff, not shipping stuff, canceling orders without any explanation.

MGO Member
    Somewhat unrelated, but they canceled my order of a benchmade auto opening knife this year, because "Auto openning knives are only for Police/First responders, and they needed a letter from my employer" I sent them the applicable statutesm but they refused to acknowledge the change in law in Michigan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast