Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Nobody likes being on a list, especially a list made by those considered hostile towards the people protesting. It's a double edge sword... the need to protest and the need to not be singled out and placed at the front of the list for retribution when the protest is over. I would think there would be considerably more people voicing their concerns if it was an anonymous process.
    Reading the comments that were posted today, they were overwhelmingly in favor of the new rules, and totally against "ghost guns". The gun control groups really rallied the troops recently on this one.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

LOL - Ghost guns? How did that come from the brace/SBR question?

1 point: Minor Indicator (the weapon could be fired from the shoulder)
    2 points: Moderate Indicator (the weapon may be designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder)
    3 points: Strong Indicator (the weapon is likely designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder)
    4 points: Decisive Indicator (the weapon is designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder)

Of these point, Niether of my AR "Pistol" fall under this. Both are fired from cheek. According to ATF under 26 inch is a pistol without a buttstock or Vertical grip.
    Last edited by XDM 40 cal; 06-24-2021 at 03:41 AM.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

How many points do you have to score before they come over and shoot your dog?
    Asking for a friend.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWOLF View Post
    LOL - Ghost guns? How did that come from the brace/SBR question?

I thought the original post was based on the "what is a receiver" proposed rule, not the braces proposed rule. Thanks to your comment, I realized I was mistaken.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

I am still halfway through a comment because I cant seem to come up with anything that makes sense because the rule proposal is so arbitrary, contradictory at time and vague at others. Im usually pretty good at stuff like this but this one got me stumped for now.

as for how this is going to go down? Its gonna go through, they are going to do it, this is just a formality. That said when it does go through that's when things should get interesting. Its going to be instantly challenged and possibly won't go into effect until it works its way through the courts. Please dont feel like you are commenting on a lost cause. our comments on this will help in the legal battle that's ahead with this. The more comments organizations like the GOA and the FPC can wave in front of judges saying look at all these people that opposed this and the ATF went and did it anyway, the better. So even though this part of the fight may very well be lost our comments on this will be absolutely essential in the next one.

Also if you happen to be one of the "I don't have one so I don't care people" What do you thing they are coming after once they get rid of all the "scary" stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffAtter View Post
    I am not nor would I ever do anything against the law, I have no problem with leaving a comment to the ATF and giving my information. Anyone who thinks the Government cannot get that info about you anyway, if they wanted it bad enough, is fooling themselves, they wouldn't need someone to make a comment to them. You are not listing what you have, only your name and e-mail, it's no big deal.
    Right? Anyone who is that paranoid about being on a government list for commenting on the pistol brace rule is probably already on a government list.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

This should help clear things up. A clarification by the ATF.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

MGO Member
    By my fairly quick read of the proposed factoring criteria (https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ilizing-braces) an AR-15 with a very simple configuration -- so one including barrel < 16", no front grip, no pistol brace (just the buffer tube) or perhaps just a fin-style brace (KAK, etc), and a red dot or iron sights -- would be considered a pistol under this points system. What are other people coming up with?

Maybe my list of what's "simple" is more austere than necessary - are there some more robust configurations that could still come in under Pistol classification?

Don't take my comments here as evidence I think this point system idea is good. It seems bizarre to me. I'm just trying to figure it out in case it becomes reality.

MGO Member
    I hate to think I killed this thread. I'm very interested to hear others' evaluations of what could qualify as an AR pistol under the proposed classification.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast