Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Less Rounds of Certain Ammo Fit in a Mag?

After months of waiting I finally got my Steinel 10mm ammo. However I can only seem to fit 16/19rds into my mags whereas I can get all 19 Fort Scott TUI rounds in there, and in my plain 14rders I could probably get the 14th in if my fingertips weren't mostly burst blood vessels now but it's noticeably more difficult than with Underwood 200gr HP.

I think I've seen stuff like this happen in YouTube videos but never had it happen in person. Is this a thing?

I’ve heard of some pistols that do this, namely the ** BRNO, but haven’t had an issue in the variety of pistols I’ve owned.

I am a Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by SADAacp View Post
    This
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I asked the same question on the Benos forums and someone said it could be because the rounds are slightly longer and doing some rudimentary testing I saw a magazine set atop a Steinel round with a TUI on either side will rotate, but a TUI with a Steinel on either side will not.

so with that new information will the Uplula still help or is it just a matter of the rounds being slightly longer?

MGO Member
    I use an ADCO super thumb ST1. Not quite as fast as a Maglula, but less than $10 on eBay. No moving parts, nothing to wear out.

tinyurl.com/buv7w8zu
    Last edited by wombat12; 06-28-2021 at 08:50 PM.
    You have been infected by the Amish Virus. Since the Amish have neither electricity nor computers, you are on the honor system. Please format your hard drive. Thank you

I bought a RAEIND one off amazon and it was too small to get past where the magazine goes double-stack.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    I bought a RAEIND one off amazon and it was too small to get past where the magazine goes double-stack.
    Try a Glock 20/29 loading tool.

https://www.amazon.com/Glock-Magazin.../dp/B005R43VKA

I bought an off-brand Uplula and whilst it made it a lot easier that slight increased length of the Steinel rounds really makes it so the 19rd mags can only hold 16, maybe 17 but I have a feeling it wouldn't feed well with how much friction there is on that 17th round.

So now I have an excuse to 1. buy more mags, 2. leave them as 14rders because they can hold 14 Steinels fine it's only with extenders the length compounds into reduced capacity.

Steinel claims on their web site to follow all SAAMI regs with their ammo. If so your cartridges should be no longer then 1.260” which would mean it should fit any firearm magazine and chamber that follows SAAMI guidelines or CIP which also sets the OAL for the 10 at the same 1.260”.
    Measure a couple rounds and you will find out if it’s the ammo or mag that is out of spec, or if your new magazines need to see some more use to loosen them up
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast