Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
Steinel claims on their web site to follow all SAAMI regs with their ammo. If so your cartridges should be no longer then 1.260” which would mean it should fit any firearm magazine and chamber that follows SAAMI guidelines or CIP which also sets the OAL for the 10 at the same 1.260”.
Measure a couple rounds and you will find out if it’s the ammo or mag that is out of spec, or if your new magazines need to see some more use to loosen them up
I can load up 19 TUI or 200gr JHPs by hand without much difficulty, I can barely get a 17th Steinel in sometimes if I force it. Maybe the mags will loosen up since the springs are kinda new but the Steinels are longer since i can spin a magazine atop a Steinel bordered by two TUIs but not a TUI bordered by Steinels.

I'm NOT saying "these bullets are out of spec and bad don't buy them" because I don't know anything about SAAMI specs and y'all know I don't own calipers. I think the design of the rounds is really cool, and like they say about the relation of lures, fish, and anglers. I'll admit they won't be my go-to bedside ammo unless the mags loosen up since to me 20rds of 200gr Underwoods > 15rds of SCHP Steinels but I'll probably buy more to load into 14rd mags to sit in case of a day I need a crap ton of pre-loaded mags for my bedside gun.