Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

***Officially SUPPORTED by MGO*** HB 5188 of 2021 - Prohibit emergency orders from restricting certain gun-related activities during an epidemic

HB 5188 of 2021
    Health: emergency response; issuing an emergency order that restricts certain gun-related activities during an epidemic; prohibit.
    Last Action: 7/14/2021 bill electronically reproduced 07/14/2021
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Video of this past Thursday's hearing (House Oversight Committee)

https://www.house.mi.gov/VideoArchiv...VER-102821.mp4

MGO Board of Directors

Coming up for a second House Oversight Committee hearing this Thursday at 8:15am

MGO Board of Directors

The House Oversight Committee voted positively for this bill and HB 5187 without amendments.

From here, it's either heading for another House Committee or over to the Senate for consideration.

MGO Board of Directors

Video from today's meeting (starts at 2:45)

https://www.house.mi.gov/VideoArchiv...p4&jwsource=cl

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5188 of 2021
    Health: emergency response; issuing an emergency order that restricts certain gun-related activities during an epidemic; prohibit. Amends secs. 2253 & 2453 of 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.2253 & 333.2453).
    Last Action: 3/8/2022 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...7-C4259E57.pdf

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5188 of 2021
    Health: emergency response; issuing an emergency order that restricts certain gun-related activities during an epidemic; prohibit. Amends secs. 2253 & 2453 of 1978 PA 368 (MCL 333.2253 & 333.2453).
    Last Action: 3/10/2022 transmitted

The House has passed this bill and it is now moving on to the Senate.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5188 of 2021
    Last Action: 3/15/2022 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS

I am a Forum User
    On May 18, the Michigan Senate Judiciary Committee will hear multiple pro-sportsman bills to limit the government’s ability to shut down hunting, fishing, trapping and second-amendment related activities during a declared emergency, public health or otherwise.
    House Bill 5188 and Senate Bill 950 further clarify that the public health code cannot be used during a pandemic as a reason to restrict hunting, fishing, trapping or any second-amendment activities during a “public health” emergency.