Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Question Warne Mountain Tech Ring question

Warne aluminum Mountain Tech rings;
    The instructions say 65in/lbs MAXIMUM torque for the ring to base nut. These are for Picatinny/Weaver type rail.
    65in/lbs seems like a LOT.
    What/where is a good torque spec to start with? These are aluminum rings going on a light recoiling rifle. The bases (two piece) I am using are Warne, in steel, not aluminum, if that makes a difference.

For the ring to scope screws, they list a more realistic 18in/lb torque.

Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    Warne aluminum Mountain Tech rings;
    The instructions say 65in/lbs MAXIMUM torque for the ring to base nut. These are for Picatinny/Weaver type rail.
    65in/lbs seems like a LOT.
    What/where is a good torque spec to start with? These are aluminum rings going on a light recoiling rifle. The bases (two piece) I am using are Warne, in steel, not aluminum, if that makes a difference.

For the ring to scope screws, they list a more realistic 18in/lb torque.
    I’d say the makers spec is a good place to start
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Do they have a tech line, I think I talked to them in messenger before I ordered two part of steel rings about two years ago. I forget what I asked but there is someone there ... I think fb messenger, possible email or Warne chat on their website.