Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

AR carry handle thoughts

I’m in the process of putting together a ‘premium’ 20” fixed stock AR rifle. By ‘premium’ I mean an FN government barrel.....for whatever accuracy that’s worth. I currently have a PSA Dissipator with a cheap-o carry handle, and like the concept enough to throw another one on this 20” instead of an LPVO. But unlike the Dissipator, which is just a 100 yard steel blaster, I’d like this rifle to be more of an intermediate range bench shooter. Maybe 400 yards at most. I’m not experienced with 20” AR’s or FN CHF barrels, but internet consensus is to expect 1.5 MOA out of them at best with good ammo. And I’m most likely never going to feed it match ammo....just M193 or M855.

There’s such a flood of chinesium carry handles it’s hard to sift through what’s good and what won’t hold a zero. I’ve been eyeballing a RRA National Match, but question if I need an aperture sight for a barrel as non precision as an FN government. I have a Skinner aperture on my Marlin and love it, but I’m not sure if it’s necessary or worth giving up the peep/ ghost ring ability of the traditional carry handle....or it’s $180 price.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 07-14-2021 at 03:51 PM.