Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettJ View Post
    My Springfield RO Compact (Commander slide / Officer frame) has a very tight chamber. I have to use the barrel to chamber gauge reloads for it. 99% of the rejects from the barrel drop onto my Dillon gauge, and run fine in all my other 9mm guns.
    Very helpful to know - that was a concern on any model I consider.

MGO Member
    Have had a number of very tight chambered guns and the one thing that has solved the chambering problem is too bell as little as possible and seat bullet in one pass and crimp in another.

I am a Forum User
    Actually, this is a fairly often concern..according to my gunsmith..problem often surfaces when using CAST bullets.
    Chambers are cut for FMJ or JHP bullets. Cast bullets are usually sized a bit larger..maybe a couple of thousands of an inch, but enough to cause an issue.
    My gunsmith uses a chamber reamer, to very slightly cut a bevel, where the chamber meets the rifling. Doesn't take much 1 or 2 turns with the reamer.
    This creates enough space /room for cast / swaged/ or polymer coated bullets to fully chamber.

As a cast bullet shooter for 40+ yrs. I've noticed this issue only with more recently manufactured auto loaders, and has been present on pistols from a variety of manufacturers.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    look for a tisas commander in 9mm. It meets your list except for the fiber optic front sight. They run around $500 so for $40 you can buy a FO front sight from Dawson..
    something like this ...
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/zigana-tisas-1911-9mm/
    Another more expensive option is Ruger commander in 9mm
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms/...-4-4-inch.html

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the link!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    Actually, this is a fairly often concern..according to my gunsmith..problem often surfaces when using CAST bullets.
    Chambers are cut for FMJ or JHP bullets. Cast bullets are usually sized a bit larger..maybe a couple of thousands of an inch, but enough to cause an issue.
    My gunsmith uses a chamber reamer, to very slightly cut a bevel, where the chamber meets the rifling. Doesn't take much 1 or 2 turns with the reamer.
    This creates enough space /room for cast / swaged/ or polymer coated bullets to fully chamber.

As a cast bullet shooter for 40+ yrs. I've noticed this issue only with more recently manufactured auto loaders, and has been present on pistols from a variety of manufacturers.
    Good input. I cast and coat 9mm TC projectiles and size for .356 and seat and crimp separately. I've had great success in all 9mm my barrels (s&w, glock etc.,) to date with the exception of a PSA ar9 I simply rebarreled. I appreciate the input.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gidaeon View Post
    Thanks for the link!
    I have a similar gun in 45 acp. The only change I did was replacing the plastic slippery grips with rubber palm swell grips and polishing the internals. Love that commander 1911.

here is a link of me shooting the commander in 45acp:

Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    I have a similar gun in 45 acp. The only change I did was replacing the plastic slippery grips with rubber palm swell grips and polishing the internals. Love that commander 1911.

here is a link of me shooting the commander in 45acp:

Where are the 2 liters and gong??

good shootin’
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Where are the 2 liters and gong??

good shootin’
    LOL.. I wish I can do that.. This is at my local club. the only thing allowed paper targets and the permanent steel targets at 25 yards..
    One day I will go to Postpan's private range and will be loaded with watermelons and 2 liters sugared died sodas and have real fun with him.

I am a Forum User
    Jim I've been holding out hoping to find a used stainless version like you first linked with no luck for two months since they either don't make or import them anymore? I may have to compromise and give up on stainless - the cash is burning a hole waiting. I'm a few years late to the party again I guess.

I would consider some moderately more $ domestic options, but Commander and steel frame is slightly less common combo I'm learning?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast