Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Why not build your own? I went with a kit (based on advice from a fellow MGO member) from Fusion Firearms. You can pretty much spec out what you want, and, if I were to order from them again, I would put better sights on the pistol and have them sight them in prior to shipping. Assembly can be a bit more challenging, but I found someone I trusted who knew the 1911. The slide-to-frame fit was excellent, and minimal use of a stone when fitting the hammer/hammer strut and sear. I did polish the trigger bow and mainspring, but that is optional.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    As a follow up to my OP, I ordered a Bul Armory 9mm 1911 Commander in SS.

I’ve always wanted an all SS gun. It ended up about the same price as a Springfield Ronin model. I couldn’t find a Turkish SS import so I guess I’ll find how how an Israeli build/import is.

I had to let go of my wanting traditional bushing and sights I wanted but at least I can be done with research for a while lol.
    A smarter person might have rented some 1911s first before buying one that they never handled or examined

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    Why not build your own? I went with a kit (based on advice from a fellow MGO member) from Fusion Firearms. You can pretty much spec out what you want, and, if I were to order from them again, I would put better sights on the pistol and have them sight them in prior to shipping. Assembly can be a bit more challenging, but I found someone I trusted who knew the 1911. The slide-to-frame fit was excellent, and minimal use of a stone when fitting the hammer/hammer strut and sear. I did polish the trigger bow and mainspring, but that is optional.
    Some good options - just no stock avail.

I am a Forum User
    After reading the thread.. " Bul Armory experiences? "
    I started looking for a Bul 1911...it doesn't seem to be easy to find one.

I read the post you ordered one ? .. from where ? & any idea when you might get it ?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post

I read the post you ordered one ? .. from where ? & any idea when you might get it ?
    I picked the model I wanted, found UPC or SKU # by looking at websites where it was mostly out of stock and then use gun.deals to find a dealer with it in stock. I’ll PM you with the closest dealer that carriers them.

I am a Forum User

Joe, Here is a SS model in 9mm..Not a commander but 5"

https://www.armslist.com/posts/13435...2x10rd-g10-nib

Colt Light weight Commander in 9mm, love mine.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Handgun Instructor
    USCCA Handgun Instructor

Ann Arbor Arms is carrying them now, I know they had a commander in .45 and are supposed to be getting more. Considering getting on myself, great feeling 1911 for the price ($800ish). Great trigger, feels smooth, nicely finished. Can't speak to reliability though.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    Thanks all. Left a review and pics of machining in this new firearm thread. Good purchase so far after 1 range trip.

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...85#post3321985

Quote Originally Posted by gidaeon View Post
    Thanks all. Left a review and pics of machining in this new firearm thread. Good purchase so far after 1 range trip.

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...85#post3321985
    Good to hear, that was the exact one I was looking at. I think Bul really punches above its weight class, they're slowly gaining traction here but it's a shame they're so hard to find in stores.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast