Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Surplus nostalgia / Best surplus deals right now?

Hi all,
    I just wanted to start a general conversation about milsurps, and if anyone had any ideas/opinions on what some "good" deals are these days. Obviously the Carcano has been around for a while now, some coming as low as $199. SKS's can be found for $499 - glad I "overpaid" for my Russian several years ago. CZ 70's are around for what doesn't seem like terrible prices. I noticed Bud's Gunshop had Australian turn in S&W 10 (or were they 64?) and Ruger Service Six's for reasonable prices. Gander Mountain website has some weird cerakoted S&W and a few other models. Any deals that I'm missing?

Milsurps is how I got into shooting and hunting. I mostly have other goals right now (hunting, trap shooting, modding a Glock), but they will always have a special place for me. I still want a Makarov though. I don't care if it's a Bulgy.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the current state of military surplus firearms? Will there be a "next good deal" and how will we know it's a good deal at the time? Will the 1911's ever be released to the public? Apparently there are loads of M1 carbines in other countries still that can't be imported at the time. Maybe someday? I know the days of $69 Mosin Nagants are gone (glad I got in at the tail end) but it's still fun to think about.

Cheers!

Coop

I am a Forum User
    Anything below $500 is probably worth picking up. Lee Enfields, Norinco Type 56, Arisakas, Carcanos and even some Yugo M48s are in that range. Type 56s are already up about 25% from just last year.

Those types of guns aren't going to go down in value over the long term. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

Did those Korean m1s ever show up ?

Milsurp has been pretty sorry for 7-8 years or more.

I am a Forum User
    Don't think the Korean M1's made it. When they do I'm definitely getting one.

I got my CZ82 in 2013 or 2014 when prices were down a bit. Paid $249 for it. Then they jumped as high as $449-499 and are now down around $299 when you can find them. Even today, not much market for 9x18 I guess. Value and price are related yet different. I am optimistic that when (if) we get past this period of time prices will come down on ammo, new guns, used guns, surplus, etc.

I keep telling my wife the most valuable investment is firearms. She keeps raising her eyebrow at me. Lol.

MGO Member
    Deleted
    Last edited by Model12gunner; 08-03-2021 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Deleted

I am a Forum User
    Came across this forum where a guy scanned a shotgun news from 1992. Wow. https://www.theakforum.net/threads/s...-doors.300945/