Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Another OpticsPlanet Issue

I know, I know, don't order from opticsplanet.com. I placed an order from them last September. The order has been in-stock on their website for the past month. I checked my order status and it shows an expected ship date. The thing that bothers me is they have changed the expected shipment date each day over the past month, keeping it at an expected shipment date of 13 days. I've sent them an email questioning their shady business practices. I'm sure knowing how they operate they'll cancel my order. My question is, with them being an online retailer, is there any action I can take to report their shady business practices?

Oh ya, and as I've heard in the past, DO NOT ORDER FROM OPTICSPLANET.COM 😒
    Last edited by BugsSon402; 07-17-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Report fraud, scams, and bad business practices at ReportFraud.ftc.gov.

use it.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

If you have caught them, and brought it to their attention, and they still keep changing the "possible" ship date just so they can hold your order in limbo.
    CANCEL the order ! Go somewhere else, things are starting to loosen up.

What is it your holding out and hoping for ? Others here may know of in stock for immediate delivery locations.

Hell, I ordered a nothing special scout scope from MidwayUSA. The one they sent me was defective . . . . actually it was a previously returned item.
    Box was opened, wrapping missing, papers were gone, Yep. Also was shipped in a oversized plastic bag ? ZERO protection . . . They got it back . . . . quickly !

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Report fraud, scams, and bad business practices at ReportFraud.ftc.gov.

use it.
    I'll try that

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd FocalPlane View Post
    If you have caught them, and brought it to their attention, and they still keep changing the "possible" ship date just so they can hold your order in limbo.
    CANCEL the order ! Go somewhere else, things are starting to loosen up.

What is it your holding out and hoping for ? Others here may know of in stock for immediate delivery locations.

Hell, I ordered a nothing special scout scope from MidwayUSA. The one they sent me was defective . . . . actually it was a previously returned item.
    Box was opened, wrapping missing, papers were gone, Yep. Also was shipped in a oversized plastic bag ? ZERO protection . . . They got it back . . . . quickly !
    If i wasn't allegedly getting my item for pre-biden prices I'd cancel it.

I am a Forum User
    Never had a problem with either Midway or Optics Planet. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsSon402 View Post
    If i wasn't allegedly getting my item for pre-biden prices I'd cancel it.
    That is why they are pushing it out, the sell what's in stock for a higher price.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by juicemon View Post
    Never had a problem with either Midway or Optics Planet. Sorry you had a bad experience.
    I don't think I've ever had an issue with Midway. My orders from opticsplanet.com are often canceled by them or placed on infinite backorder.

I'm done with Optics Planet. Most recently, in January (?) I ordered some ammo at a good price. Showed it as in-stock, so thought I got lucky and ordered before it sold out. Still haven't received it, but leaving the order open since was a good price. Before that, I only ended up receiving about half the stuff I ordered from them, with the rest being cancelled after a few months.

Midway has always been good for me. If it showed in-stock, I got it within a few days. However, I've never had any luck with Midway back-ordered items. They always get cancelled after a couple months.

Ive never ordered from Optics Planet, too many bad reviews, but Ive had good luck with Midway for the most part. The only beef Ive had with Midway was 10/12 or so years back they changed their shipping costs and IMO were doubling what they should have been. A couple years back they apparently saw the light and have brought it back into a more reasonable range.
    Any company I hear of abnormally scalping prices delaying shipping, being hard to get returns through I avoid. There are too many reputable places to shop and that’s where I spend my dimes.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast