Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    gee, I'm so old I remember when Midway USED to include their shipping cost in the price of the item(s) you ordered.
    Basically, they had free shipping on everything purchased from them. I bought a LOT of items from Midway back then.
    They also used to MAIL a monthly flier / catalogue with advertised monthly special sales..bought a lot of them.
    Ah, those were the "good old days"... & not likely to return.

when Midway started charging shipping for their items..I started searching for other retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    gee, I'm so old I remember when Midway USED to include their shipping cost in the price of the item(s) you ordered.
    Basically, they had free shipping on everything purchased from them. I bought a LOT of items from Midway back then.
    They also used to MAIL a monthly flier / catalogue with advertised monthly special sales..bought a lot of them.

when Midway started charging shipping for their items..I started searching for other retailers.
    Yep.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

You guys are old!
    I bet you recall $20 Stars, Llama and Weblys on the back page of true and Argosy magazines
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Shipping is never free. It's built into the price of the items. "Free shipping" is a psychological marketing tactic.

MGO Member
    year to date, I have placed 18 orders with optics planet. Every order has shipped incredibly fast, with price match, or beating the best competitor price. Every order has had free shipping.

A few of the orders were upgraded to expedited UPS shipping at my request (for free) when fedex had a rash of packages go missing for a period of time.

80% of the above orders got 10% bonus cash back, which I was able to apply to future orders for an even larger discount.

1 order of the total 18 had an item's availability change after placing the order. They apologized, I canceled it and ordered elsewhere, because I needed it by a specific date.

The overall great experience Ive had with them has not been outweighed by availability, because I dont typically order items that are out of stock. Maybe I'm just lucky, but the, 1/18, or 5.55%, is an acceptable delay rate to me at this point, considering it would shrink even more significantly if I tallied up last year's orders too, which had zero failures/delays in shipping.

An overwhelming majority of the time Opticsplanet stuff has delivered in 3 days or less. They are by and far my favorite online retailer for gun stuff. Their anything above $50 ships free value shipping is significantly of higher value to me than Midway's "we pick and choose what ships free" order policy, and midway YTD has A. sent the wrong buttstock B. Sent the wrong dies, twice, and C. tried to railroad me into keeping the wrong model shotgun when they changed the description on one that I ordered, after the order was placed.

YMMV but Ive had repeat issues with midway, and try to literally use them as a last resort. Opticsplanet, on the other hand, for most is end user error. They list ALL products, to rank in search results. Its on the user to verify if its actually in stock when you order.

I am a Forum User
    I wish I had the same luck with opticsplanet as you! Although if I was able to complete all my orders with them I'd be broke lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12