Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Kel-Tec P50... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Boys and girls... the new for 2021 Kel-Tec P50.

The P50 is a 5.7x28 chambered handgun using inverted P90 50 rd mags. I say again: handgun using P90 50 rd mags.

Most certainly NOT a Commiefornia compliant firearm, but it does seem to have been designed with CA compliant workarounds in mind: you have to open it up to reload it.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I will say I probably wont be getting one anytime soon, as it comes with an MSRP of $995. Not to mention finding that particular caliber is near impossible, and will cost anywhere from $25 to $60 per full mag.

Vital stats:

Frame: Polymer
    Weight: 3.2 lb empty
    Length: 15" overall, 9.6" barrel
    Width: 2"
    Height: 6.7"
    Rifling: 1:7" RH 6 groove
    Trigger Pull: 5 lb

I am a Forum User
    Ugly as sin but you gotta hand it to Kel-Tec once again for actually coming up NEW ideas.

Which holster will you be using?
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Board of Directors

Similar to Gloofy,
    While this isn't my cup of tea, I do respect and appreciate that Kel-Tec does innovative things.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Love to try it out, but a range toy is all that is

I saw an interview a while ago with a KelTec guy saying they originally planned this as a PDW type gun with a brace, but backed off when things started looking bad for braces. I’m sure an aftermarket compact will figure out a solution, but as a stand alone pistol I can’t see much useful function for it. But at least KelTec is innovating.

.....still waiting on the 7.62x39 RDB and .45/10mm Sub2000 they promised.....