Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Sorry guys, I’d do a shift but I’ll be out of town.

Come on peeps, please volunteer for a shift. It’s just a few hours and it’s actually fun/enjoyable. Not difficult, scary, challenging... just show up!

MGO Board of Directors

Still plenty of shifts to fill.

The trailer will be arriving around noon on Friday for those that can help set up.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

MGO Board of Directors

Woods and Waters Weekend!

Name:  F08E3C0F-014F-41B6-8E34-F1F65B122F32.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  94.3 KB

Above, MGO Vice President talks firearms with a fellow enthusiast while Roundballer discusses the MGO organization with another Woods And Waters attendee.

After five of us worked together and poked fun at each other, we got the booth set up and all the goods ready to sell. Tom picked a very visible spot for the trailer. Nobody can miss it if they’re driving through Imlay City.

I spent a couple of shifts talking with anyone that stopped by. One very nice lady stopped by and said “Where’s the pen and where’s the petition?” She was aware of MGO’s firearm legal offensive during the last election and was hoping we had petitions to sign in defense of 2A in other areas. She asked about legal updates to renew her CPL and Mike steered her to the forum with specific recommendations. While this was happening I glanced over at Roundballer as a couple pointed to the “Free Gun Locks, Just Ask” sign. He handed them a lock and the wife deposited it in her purse and said “Thank you so much!”

We have, in my opinion, a crappy location for a booth. We’re on an alley that most people don’t walk through so we have to catch them on the left or right side as they pass. Mike was luring them in with candy and if he saw a dog, the dog treats came out!

If you have some time this weekend, come out and check things out. If you can spend a few hours talking with fair-goers about guns, we’ll welcome you with open arms.

MGO Board of Directors

The Woods & Water show is over and the rain held out until just as we finished packing the trailer and was leaving.

As Jack said, our location was not the best this year but we still had a good show and attendance was steady to keep us busy but not overwhelming.

We sold many T-shirts, hats and memberships and also gave away many gun locks for those that asked for them.

The highlight of the show is when Jim ( Harley cvo ) went to the rest room and found a S & W Shield loaded and out of holster sitting in the Outhouse.

A big THANK YOU goes out to everyone who helped make this event happen.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

MGO Board of Directors

Kudos to our Vice Prez, for being there every hour of every day. His sidekick Jim was there with him as well (I think it was a hostage situation.) Roundballer maintained a constant presence as well. These guys were the heavy hitters.
    I believe that Oldman1967 may have helped Saturday (I wasn't there to know for sure.)
    Our Prez got the trailer there on opening day, helping set up, as well as dragging his wife into the mix (she worked harder than most!) for the show closing in order to pack up and get the trailer out of Dodge.

I was there from noonish to the end of packing up on Sunday.
    I enjoyed the people that stopped by the booth and wanted to talk guns. One thing that was evident was that most everyone that stopped at the booth asked the same question - "What is MGO?"
    Last edited by Jackam; 09-13-2021 at 07:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12