Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Vortex 2X7 scope

Last year I bought a Vortex 2X7X32 rimfire scope for my CZ 457 22 cal. rifle. I zeroed it in at 50 yds. and had great groups with standard 40gr. lr. There is a upcoming long range 22 lr. charity match coming up at Blue Water Sportsmans Club on Aug. 29th. 10 shots at an egg, at 200 yds. I want to shoot that event, but I didn't know if my scope would have enough elevation to get out to 200 yds. I went to the range, checked my 50 yd. zero, came up 25 clicks for 100 yds, then came up one full turn, (60 clicks) plus another 14 clicks for a total of 99 clicks and I was right on at 200 yd. shooting less than 3 in groups with standard 40 grain bullets. The target was clear and at 7 powder enough magnification to get the job done. I am really impressed with this scope. All the shooting was done off of sand bags, don't know how I will do shooting from prone.

MGO Member
    Any chance you were at bluewater recently? My buddy and I talked to a guy shooting a CZ talking about the charity event last weekend.

MGO Member
    Yes, I think that was me. Want to go up one more time before the event, and try shooting prone at 200yd.

MGO Member
    It was a pleasure talking with you Dennis. My buddy is still trying to figure out if he wants the CZ or bergara b14.

I went ahead and ordered myself the Tikka t1x while he comparison-shops himself crazy

MGO Member
    See on Aug. 29, at the egg shoot. There was a gun shop on M-53 can't remember the name but it was North past Thumbs guns, that had CZ's in stock.