Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Ruger Mk III target hammer

I just installed a Volquartsen target hammer and bushing in my Ruger MK III. I didn't notice much difference in the trigger pull, but with the bushing installed, it eliminated the magazine lock out feature, which was a PITA. Went to the range today to make sure everything worked. Now the magazine ejects like a 1911, and you don't have to have a mag. in the gun to rack it.

I am a Forum User
    have you tried any of their other upgrades? I've had an eye on the one that lets you slingshot the 'slide' once you put a fresh mag in.
    Always found it a PITA to have to pull back the bolt, push the catch down, and then let it slingshot.

I am a Forum User
    I guess I would need to check what I do, but I think I just hit the slide release after putting in a new mag. I know I don’t pull the bolt back and also use the bolt release.

MGO Member
    The gun came with a Majestic Arms, EZ strip kit. I took that out and put the original take down pin, and Volquartsen hammer and spacer.

I am a Forum User
    I thought it made a noticeable difference in the trigger pull with a bushing installed, not Volquartsen brand, on my Mk III 22/45 with the OEM hammer. And mags actually eject not just drop out.
    Been thinking of getting a threaded barrel version and selling mine though, never really had an issued with the disassembly/assembly process.

MGO Member
    I have a 35 year old MKII stainless, that comes apart and assembles with little effort, my, new to me MKIII is still a challenge to assemble.