Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Golden rod + plastic cup of Prestone Driveway Heat (change monthly) - Cheap!
    "The life of this aina', this land, is perpetuated in righteousness for you and I, the people..."

bruddah IZ, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

I am a Forum User
    Safe is in my climate controlled home I use nothing and never had a rust issue.

MGO Member
    Silica Cat Litter, here's differnts types, prices, etc https://www.instructables.com/Inexpensive-Dessicant/
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about this, and over the years have it nailed down pretty well. Unfortunately my main safe currently sits in a place subject to high humidity. The best place the keep a safe is in a temperature controlled area, especially a dry dehumidified basement.

First thing to do is buy a hygrometer to monitor humidity levels. They're cheap and will let you know the exact humidity in your safe.

Second, if your safe is in a less than optimal location then seal the door. I use some 3M adhesive foam tape made for truck toppers. Keeps the safe fairly airtight to prevent moisture ingress.

Third, silica.

I pull my silica out once a year to bake it. At all times my safe sits around 50-50% RH, even during the most humid days.

Silica is legit I’ve used it a lot for things and it really does keep moisture down good call

^^^^^^^^^^ yep, electric hot rod in bottom and electric rechargable desiccant pack in top + moisture meter for just the facts safe is in basement.

I have central air, and use a dehumidifier in the summer, keeping the RH in the house close to 40-50% year round. A goldenrod has worked just fine in my basement safe for 15 years, never any rust, and it keeps the safe nice and warm. The plug comes separate from the cord IIRC, and the safe had a plastic plug in the back, so it was pretty easy to set up.
    Active airport shooter

Silica Cat Litter and a golden rod, 60W light bulb or Xmas lights for some heat. Put the Silica Cat Litter in a peanut butter jar cut a big hole in the top of lid use a coffee filter under lid and screw on. Bake the cat litter at 250 for 3 hours like every few years.

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Breeze-El...NrPXRydWU&th=1
    Used golden rod, and rechargeable eva-dry. Electric dehumidifier is my favorite so far.

Is there a major moisture concern in doors or something?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast