Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Biden Bans Import of Russian Firearms & Ammo

I am a Forum User
    Steel ammunition prices are the only thing keeping brass ammunition prices in check. When steel goes up brass will skyrocket.
    Gun control though price hikes.

I am a Forum User

Biden banning importation of Russian guns and ammo--not a joke

https://www.state.gov/fact-sheet-uni...eksey-navalny/

Straight from the State Department.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    Gun control though price hikes.
    That’s always been part of the plan.

I would anticipate more import bans via Executive Order.

MGO Member Forum User
    Those who have permits still have them for 2 years, they are denying any new and pending ones. This gives manufacturers 2 years to move tooling to a different country. For steel case, Ukraine & Taiwan have been options but with Russia at odds with Ukraine, not entirely sure that will pan out.

Russia/ Tula won’t want to miss out on the US market. Isn’t this how Kalashnikov USA was formed? Sanctions prevented import of weapons, so KUSA got ahold of Izhmash technical drawings and tooling and started slinging out Saigas, AK103’s, and Vityaz’s?

When I looked last night, 7.62x39 was $0.32/rnd. Today, some places (*cough*Botach*cough*) have it for $1.20/rnd. I still refused to pay $0.32/rnd for Tula x39, so I got some of the last Tula .223 for $0.30. Today it’s selling for as much or more than LC 5.56 (WHY).

MGO Member
    What's best guess outlook going forward? Was thinking about a PSA AK.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    What's best guess outlook going forward? Was thinking about a PSA AK.

The actual ‘ban’ looks to be on new applications to be an importer. Current licenses will expire in 2 years. So Tula has 24 months to find a source to manufacture outside of Russia before current supply tanks. BUT, panic buyers and gougers will (already are) ruin the market in the mean time. X39 won’t go away. There are other domestic companies and countries that can fill the gap when the panic dies down. Though I doubt we’ll see $0.15/rnd again.

If you want a PSA, get a PSA. The kalash shooters are just now joining the $0.50/rnd club the 5.56 guys have been in for the last year. I’ve not shot my AUG (a 5.56 only gun) in about a year, but have been enjoying mag dumps on my Kalashnikovs as their ammo has not been as effected by gouging. But if I’m going to be paying $0.50/rnd for anything other than rimfire now....I’m just going to enjoy myself. In the last year I’ve found an affinity for Russian guns. If you have the opportunity, just go for it (while you still can), and embrace the monetary suck we’re in....

.....$0.50.......$0.50.....$0.50......$0.50.....

I am a Forum User
    I heard there's a surplus of ammo for sale in Kabul. Buyer pays shipping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast