Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

S&W Model 645 value

I have a S&W model 645 serial number range of TBE81XX that I'm trying to find a decent value for in order to sell. I have looked all over the internet and the pistol value and sale prices vary widely.

It is a stainless steel. 45acp with a 5 inch barrel. It has a set of Hogue "Rosewood" grip panels. I do not have the original grips or owners manual or box. It's in perfect condition and clean as a whistle. It has its original steel floor magazine plus five yellow follower and one black follower magazine's for a total of eight S&W branded magazines. It has the red ramped front sight with the small black with white line "U" shape rear sight.

I originally traded for this pistol with another MGO member many years ago. He was a retired State Trooper from a State out west. I rarely fired the pistol and I mainly wanted it due to the same model being used in the Miami Vice TV show.

I prefer standard 1911 for carry but would occasionally carry the model 645 in a vertical shoulder holster. It's a great firearm but I am thinning down my collection and I rarely use this pistol and have decided to put it up for sale.

As I mentioned I cannot seem to get an average selling price for the pistol but I have found that the original magazine's are selling at incredibly high prices. I cannot figure out why because I have seen new off brand magazine's selling for around $35.00 each. The best used price I have found for a yellow follower magazine was $50.00 each and as high as $100.00 each, I think that's just crazy. I did find out that S&W issued multiple types with metal - orange/red - yellow and finally black follower magazine's over the years.

So if anyone could give me an idea of a good starting price I should list the pistol and magazine's for sale , I would greatly appreciate it.

I would price it at $900 with the mags and see if there's interest. You might land around $825.