Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Winchester Model 94 Value

I have a Winchester Model 94 in 30-30 WCF that I am curious of its resale value.

It was purchased new as a Christmas in gift back in 1972 but was never even loaded or fired. Unfortunately the original box was tossed away when it was gift wrapped and put in a soft sided rifle case. It was then placed in a closet where it stayed until the family friend passed away around 2002.

His wife had no use for the rifle and really did not want to keep it around because she had given the rifle to her husband as a Christmas gift back in 72 and it was a painful reminder. . So I purchased the rifle from her even though I really did not need another Winchester 94 and stuck it in the gun safe where it has stayed ever since.

I'm looking to sell off some of my collection and this Winchester 94 is a rifle that I would probably never even think of using based on the fact it was never fired and I have others that I have hunted with already.

It is in excellent shape and shows no signs of wear of any kind.

It has a beautiful straight grained dark walnut stock and forearm in a semi gloss finish. . The front sight is hooded with what appears to be a brass bead or white bead sight, the rear is of the fully adjustable Buckhorn type. I have looked over all the metal and I can find no signs of rust or loss of blueing. The only signs of handling that I can find are in the wood. If you hold it just right in the light I have seen a few rub marks, but you really have to be looking for them to see them. I have looked as much as possible down into the action and can find no signs of wear or of brass marks from shell loading either down in the action or on the loading gate on the side of the rifle. I checked the barrel and breech and there is no signs of rust or pitting, it's just spotless.

Because I am planning on selling this rifle I tried to find out what it currently is valued at and unfortunately I was unable to get anything definitive on value. There are so many different model types of the Winchester model 94 and because of the pre and post 64 types and then I found that there are differences between the post 64 to 1980 types its just mind boggling to try to figure out its value. I am also curious if there were different base versions of the 94 offered back then because of the nice walnut used in the stock and forearm and the hooded front sight on this rifle, these seem to be something offered on a higher end then standard rifle. Unfortunately I am unable to post images to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

So I'm going to see what you fine folks here at MGO think it is worth. Oh by the way the serial number is 3913670 if that helps.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

I am a Forum User
    On Gunbroker between 500.00 and 600.00