Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

FAB Defense GL-Shock recoil reducing stock

I found this guy while browsing for a new high comb stock assembly for my KS-12 (American Saiga-12). It looked a bit gimmicky, but decided to give it a try. More so for the adjustable comb that I needed to run a holo sight since the tube sits so low on a Kalashnikov in relation to rail mounted optics. It’s gimmick is that the stock floats over the locking pin with a heavy spring, giving about 1” of cushion under recoil.

Absolutely blown away with how it handles 12 gauge recoil. The Saiga is on the abusive side for an auto loading 12 gauge, especially with magnum loads/ slugs. It feels more like a pump than a semi-auto, and leaves my shoulder bruised up pretty good after 50 or so buck or slugs (it’s no Benelli). While there’s a definite loss of stability with its floating design, recoil is WAY down. On the order of it feeling more like a 7.62x39 instead of a 12 gauge. The line between high brass and low brass recoil is definitely blurred. Both equally as soft, and with no bottoming out even with slugs. I rip this gun as quick as I do my carbines, and was not fatigued at all today even after nearly a case of mixed slugs and buck. The only thing that was sore was my wallet thinking about how much money I just imbedded in the dirt.

All of that being said......I really can’t think of a reason to buy this if you’re wanting to put it on a rifle. The spring is too stiff to compress under the recoil of a 5.56 (which they state in their description), but on a heavier caliber like .308 the stock wobbles too much on the tube for it to be really useful with quick accurate shots. And I’ve never felt the need for a raised comb on an AR with a properly mounted optic anyway. Neat product that does its job very well, quality item, but very niche.

Your first link returns "Website Blocked due to a Trojan" You might want to run your malware/virus software to see if you're infected.

Second link comes back with nothing...
    Lighten up Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    Your first link returns "Website Blocked due to a Trojan" You might want to run your malware/virus software to see if you're infected.

Second link comes back with nothing...
    The first one is an imbedded image of the stock pulled from a google search. The second is an image I uploaded to Imgur. Both were imbedded using the img /img HTML code that I’ve used for many years on vBulletin boards. I can still see them on my devices, I wonder if something has changed in recent software updates.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    The first one is an imbedded image of the stock pulled from a google search. The second is an image I uploaded to Imgur. Both were imbedded using the img /img HTML code that I’ve used for many years on vBulletin boards. I can still see them on my devices, I wonder if something has changed in recent software updates.
    The link in this post works.
    Lighten up Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    The link in this post works.
    I just did a screenshot and attached it using MGO’s own server.

I am a Forum User
    Images in the original post load up fine for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 30thirty06 View Post
    Images in the original post load up fine for me as well.
    I get this:

Website blocked due to trojan

Website blocked: www.themakogroup.com
    Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this website because it may contain malware activity.
    We strongly recommend you do not continue.
    Lighten up Francis.