Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Old Colt 1901

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Old Colt 1901

Hey guys. My father passed a few years ago. He had a couple pistols. I inherited one of those. I could have taken both but my sister already had one of the two, my father had dementia, he was not in a great place mentally. My mother wanted that drawer gun out of the house, my sister was the first to arrive and took it. I have never picked it from her house, she has been calling it her gun, so it's hers. My father had a tool closet in his basement. Wrapped in news paper we found this gun. My mother said she isn't sure, but she thinks it was his service revolver. I'm not so sure. Markings U.S. Army model 1901. No. 197 360. Colt D.A. 38 on left side of barrel. I was not able to open the cylinder the mechanism is ceased. I was able to spin the cylinder there are no rounds in there. What can you all tell me about this pistol. Can't post a picture yet but I think you can copy and paste. Just add the :// back to the url.
    httpsibb.co/v3k3Lxz

I am a Forum User
    Sir: Sorry about your Dad. I do not know much about the pistol you have. I went and look at Gun broker and they have a pistol that may be the same as the Colt you have? Take a look and you may fine the answers you are looking for. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/907907104 It looks like your Colt was made in 1903!
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by my-handyman; 08-23-2021 at 01:35 PM. Reason: add info

Great Idea try this one.

Thanks. Yes that is it. The one I have is in rough shape. I did get the cylinder open, I will get something to lubricate it. I would never sale it because if my father wanted it sold,he would have sold it himself.