Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Now that you have three years under your belt, what's your view on 450 vs 350
    If deer is your primary game both are pretty much equal. The both have a similar trajectory and kill well within their range. The 450 IMO is a bit more accurate based on what I see different people getting on the range. They both however have more then enough accuracy that there is no handicap there if the shooter can handle the rifle. Rifles choices the same, lots of companies are chambering both in their bolt guns and AR uppers as example
    Recoil is very different though and for the sensitive the 350 is the better choice. Ammo for the 350 has seemed to be cheaper too from what I’ve seen in the stores. If I was choosing a rifle for a teen or smaller built beginner, or if I was recoil shy, I’d definitely go with the 350.
    Personally if I was doing it all over today I’d probably pick the 350. My Ruger and most other guns in 450, have muzzle brakes that make shooting from a box blind a pain in the ears, especially if you can’t get the muzzle 8+ inches out the window. That is my only real complaint of the 450. I wear electronic ears in the blind and even though they allow me to hear they also amplify wind and don’t let me discern direction.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I had not gotten far enough to consider the breaks in a blind good point.

I was looking at savage hog hunter and one of the other 110 based rifles. Not the axis.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I had not gotten far enough to consider the breaks in a blind good point.

I was looking at savage hog hunter and one of the other 110 based rifles. Not the axis.
    My 16” bbl doesn’t want to stick out a blind very far. A 22” would be a plus for this type of hunting if you did go with the 450. The Savages are nice rifles and would make a great choice.

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    My 16” bbl doesn’t want to stick out a blind very far. A 22” would be a plus for this type of hunting if you did go with the 450. The Savages are nice rifles and would make a great choice.

Additionally, if you’re looking at Ruger but want the longer 22” barreled option, look at the Ruger American “Go Wild” rifle. It
    Is comped but with a non-planar compensator that may help hunting in a blind.

https://ruger.com/products/americanR...dels.html?n=ov

-Aveguy

I don't have my heart set any one single one but the 110 hog hunter comes threaded, does anyone shoot these suppressed ?

MGO Member
    Too bad some one doesn't offer the .357 Max as a factory offering? Just put together my forth and new and old hunters alike love to borrow them. Less recoil then the .450 BM and more power then the .350 and as Silhouette shooters found out plenty of Power/range.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    Too bad some one doesn't offer the .357 Max as a factory offering? Just put together my forth and new and old hunters alike love to borrow them. Less recoil then the .450 BM and more power then the .350 and as Silhouette shooters found out plenty of Power/range.
    I've seen a couple TC rifles chambered in the 357 Max, but don't recall where they said they got the barrels.
    They shot quite well.

Account Closed Forum User
    Thank you all very much for your input on the 450 Bushmaster!

Personally if I was doing it all over today I’d probably pick the 350.
    I've been shooting 450 since it became legal in lower Michigan. I too would go 350 if I had to do it over again. Lighter recoil, cheaper ammo.

MGO Member
    Just my own thoughts but when and if thing get back to normal I expect some new .35 cal straight wall rounds to appear. The boy's at Winchester may have over played their hand with .355 dia bullets? Just my thoughts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast