Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Last edited by Advent; 09-03-2021 at 07:32 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Went to Pontiac lake about a month ago..had been close to 20 yrs since I'd been there my last visit.
    Reason ?
    I joined O.C.S.C. back on my last visit..it was a single round, for rifle , pistol or shotgun on that range.
    Didn't make sense..I understand the need for safety, but that was too much for me.

That said, I couldn't believe how the P.L. range has changed on my recent visit.
    It's very nice..I was impressed. Went there to throw some clay birds & shoot my shotgun.
    Had a good time, place was clean, well organized. I have never visited any other range, as all my shooting has been @ OCSC since I joined.
    OCSC doesn't allow any hand or (spring powered machine) throwers. They have skeet, trap & sporting clays, as organized shoots.
    I will probably return to PL to use up the boxes of clay birds I purchased about 20 yrs.ago..they've been stacked in a corner of the garage.

as far as carrying things to the range, I've seen many types used @ my club..some convert strollers, golf bags, or carts of all sorts & sizes.
    I carry my ammo, supplies, tools, muffs, eye protection targets etc in one range bag. Can put a few pistols there too, it's a fairly large bag.
    I bought a range bag Midway had advertised, years ago..never used it.It's a nice bag but been using this bag wife gave me, it works, so why change ?
    I do have a couple of rifle bags that have shoulder straps..one is a large bag for an AR, son gave it as a Christmas gift..I like it a lot, has mag pouches on the outside.
    The shoulder strap on a rifle case is a great idea, as it frees your hands.
    Last edited by joepistol; 09-03-2021 at 10:14 PM.

Picked this up @ Menard's a couple yrs. ago. Don't think it's still available, but there are other brands like it.
    Think it was around $70. Has plenty of pockets inside & out, Way too much room for guns, mags & ammo.
    Beware though, when full it can be VERY heavy. Rolls great on pavement, not tried it on grass or gravel.

Could be rigged to carry a couple long guns with the handle extended.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Funny Story about Pontiac Lake, back in 1996 or 97 a buddy and I headed up to the range in Pontiac. This was before Island Lake was constructed and at the time we both lived in Westland. Well anyone who has ever tried to get to Pontiac Lake Shooting Range by heading north on Haggerty ( again this is before the extension north from I-275 North to Pontiac Lake Road ) with all them twists and turns to get to M59 knows its not a trip you can make in a few minutes. Anyhow we pulled in right at opening time and got our gear ready. It had snowed 8 inches the night before and everything was covered in snow and since it was just my buddy and I the range officer just told us to be safe and let us do our thing. I was trying out some new 44 mag reloads I had made up and wow, I pulled the trigger and was hit by a ton of snow from all directions!
    We stayed until 1pm and were the only people there when we left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12