Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Fed up with silencer shop

I don’t know where else to post this, but after weeks of dealing with the worst customer service I have ever experienced I have decided to at least share it with a few people...

Over the last couple months I have ordered 3 cans from Silencer Shop. The problems started immediately after the 3rd order. First I was overcharged by $316. The price was right in the cart and all the way through checkout but then in my confirmation email it showed the higher price, and sure enough my card was charged the higher price.

I let them know right away as well as letting them know that I received an email about a “missing tax stamp”. I was assured things would be taken care of. I did receive part of the refund about a week later, but not all of it, and I was still getting the “missing stamp” emails, so I called yet again.

I spoke with a different CS rep this time, she told me she would get the rest of that overcharge taken care of(which she did, it was refunded in full 1/2 hour after the call), and she said the reason for the other emails was that the first can I bought had been input into the system twice, so she would forward that to proper dept. so that they would know it needed to be removed so the final stamp would go to the 3rd can as it should.

That last call was on August 20th. I still am receiving the emails about a missing stamp. On the 27th I sent a reply to that email explaining what had happened and asking them to get it fixed. Nothing happened. I sent another message this Monday evening... nothing in response.

Tried calling several times Tuesday and Wednesday sitting on hold for very lengthy times only to be disconnected and receive no call back.

So last night I sent them a long email detailing my frustrations and asking for this to be sorted out. After lunch today I received a reply to that email...

This is that reply, unchanged besides removing the employee’s name:

“Sir,
    My apologies for the issues.
    You have actually purchased 4 cans and you have purchased 3 stamps according to our system.
    So it appears you are indeed missing one tax stamp for your most recent order of the Omega 36M.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

IT Manager”

At this point, I am beyond fed up and don’t even know where to go from here... this treatment is unacceptable to me, and also it has added weeks onto the wait time before the form 4 even gets submitted. Sorry for this post, just had to vent at this point.
    Last edited by hartofthethumb; 09-02-2021 at 05:58 PM.

MGO Member
    For something like an NFA item the only way I'll purchase is with an established dealer with a good reputation. Far too easy to be caught up in violation of the law if something doesn't go just right.

I am a Forum User
    OP that would be beyond frustrating! I’ve purchased several stamps through SilencerShop without problems but my cans/SBR’s were bought else where. Maybe I was lucky?

not an NFA expert . . . but do these cans have a serial number ? ?
    If so . . . CALL on land line and ask them to verify the aleged 4 you bought !
    Or read off the 3 you purchased and have them prove otherwise.

CS in most places is down to what is on the screen, good or bad is all I have and I don't want to ask the boss.
    just because ?

not an NFA expert . . . but do these cans have a serial number ? ?
    If so . . . CALL on land line and ask them to verify the aleged 4 you bought !
    Or read off the 3 you purchased and have them prove otherwise.

CS in most places is down to what is on the screen, good or bad is all I have and I don't want to ask the boss.
    just because ?