Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

What is going rate $ to lease?

Thinking about leasing land to hunt in lower Michigan. Any idea what the going rate is?
    Thanks

I am a Forum User
    Difficult part is finding said property..
    Then pay whatever they are asking..

There really isn't a flat rate. Depending on the area the lease is at can be a big difference. Up in the northeast lower peninsula i honestly wouldn't lease anything unless it was a good deal like 40 acres for $1200. I lease 6 acres in alcona for $475 and also have a lease in clare county of 20 acres for $1200. Down in jackson or wasthenaw I've seen some CRAZY prices because its "Trophy Buck Country". I had a chance in antrim county to lease it was 45 acres for $1800. Very mad i passed up on that. the 12 apr counties are a good spot to start if you are willing to actually manage a property

I am a Forum User
    Or… you could put the work into scouting public land for free. There is plenty of great public land in our state with a lot of nice deer. You can camp on federal land for free. The reward IMO is much greater than paying to play.

$20 an acre generally, but it depends on the area and hunting pressure. We stopped gun deer hunting state land after 2014 which seemed like the year of the idiots deciding to hunt right next to us. They had just as much right to be there as us, so I began to look at a lease. Found a 120 acre lease for $2000 and did something I swore I'd never do and paid to hunt. Kicked one guy off the first year and that's been it. We had been looking at buying a hunting property, but this is much cheaper.

I am a Forum User
    I charge $1500 for 30 acres in Washtenaw county. have leased it for the last 5 years at that rate.

MGO Member
    I lease my neighbor's property out every year. Its additional if I have to spread ungrandulated sugar.