Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Account Closed Forum User

What firearm will you be using to hunt deer with this year?

I'll probably most likely use a H&R single shot 20 gauge Smooth Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorman View Post
    I'll probably most likely use a H&R single shot 20 gauge Smooth Bore.
    Used to use Black Powder .50 exclusively even during regular gun, but starting a few years ago -- .45LC Lever action - just got one of the new Henry SideGate to replace my Rossi. It's just open sights, good out to 100yds w/o problem. I hunt in heavy woods near a pond, so mostly shoot under 50yds.

I also carry a .45lc Uberti ElPatron 5.5" in a chest holster, but I carried with Black Powder Rifle, during regular gun season, but not during BP only season. Pistol is good too - I have taken deer with it. I use 250g lead RNFP over 7.5gr of Universal. Hits about 870fps in the pistol, I haven't tested the new Henry for speed but it shoots fine. Never had a whitetail go more than a few feet with either one. Most drop where they are hit.

I am a Forum User
    My newest rifle is a CZ 527 built on the “micro” Mauser action chambered in 6.5 Grendel. I was think about taking that out but was able to see my stepson take a buck with it during the youth hunt Saturday. I might still use it but I like my Marlin 336 that I took my first buck with and haven’t had out in a while. Most likely it will be one or the other.

I am a Forum User
    My "Up north" days are over, in the back yard I use the Mossberg 695.

Gave the trusty ol' 336 "meat gun" to the Grandson.

I am a Forum User
    My up north days are over too, hunt the back 20 acres these days with a T/C Encore pistol in .444 Marlin

MGO Member
    .44mag Winchester 94ae

20" barrel with a scope, I also have the same thing with a 16" barrel that I'd like to start using

I am a Forum User
    6.5 Grendel AR and 6XC in a 700 platform.

MGO Member
    On opening day in the limited rifle zone I'll be using my Ruger 44 Magnum Carbine. I also carry a Colt 1911 in 45acp. Up north I will be using my Winchester 94 in 30-30. I'm also taking a Remington 750 in 30.06 that my dad gave me two years ago and it would mean a lot to him it I were able to get a deer with it.

Best of luck to everyone this deer season and be safe out in the woods.

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tvhero View Post
    On opening day in the limited rifle zone I'll be using my Ruger 44 Magnum Carbine. I also carry a Colt 1911 in 45acp. Up north I will be using my Winchester 94 in 30-30. I'm also taking a Remington 750 in 30.06 that my dad gave me two years ago and it would mean a lot to him it I were able to get a deer with it.

Best of luck to everyone this deer season and be safe out in the woods.

Dan Wesson 445 supermag and a Marlin 336 in 445 supermag,
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast