Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Trying to figure out a fair value to list for selling a S&W model 29-2

I'm having difficulty selling another S&W pistol I have posted for sale and was looking to list the next pistol I wish to sell after I had sold it. But unfortunately I have had to reduce the price after not receiving any interest and now I'm considering listing the next revolver I was planning on putting up for sale since I haven't received any inquiries.

I have a S&W Model 29-2 and according to a member here the serial number puts its year of manufacturer as 1964

It's in great condition with a 8 3/8" barrel and original grips with only a slight amount of blueing wear at the muzzle. I purchased it from the original owner who used it for bowling pin shooting competition and it had an old style Red Dot scope mounted to it. He had forgotten where he had placed the original rear sight but helped me contact S&W for a replacement. He mounted the replacement but had to drill a new screw hole on the new rear sight because the original screw mount was further forward on the top strap of the revolver.

I was planning on listing it for sale after I had sold the other pistol I have up for sale but since I have not received any inquiries it looks like I'll be listing it sooner then expected.

I'm just wondering if someone could give me an idea as to how much I should be asking for the revolver. I do not have the original box or manual, just the pistol and a couple of speed loaders I could add to the listing.

I wish to thin my collection but also get fair value, I'm shocked that my S&W Model 645 with 8 S&W magazine's had not received any offers, especially at the fair price I originally listed it for.

Your 645 -- has a top value of 850$ in 100% on BlueBook of gun values, they are always high.. true you got some mags and some nice accessories, but it's not really a collectors pistol either. If it were mine I would think more $650-$700 at the most -- GB prices are right at 750-800 but they are always inflated since you are not in a nationwide sales market here. They really are nice guns, but nothing special and in .45acp which limits the buyers even more since everyone seems to think all pistols are 9mm.

Now the 29-2 -- that normally would be a whole different story. 29-2's are a bit of a collectors piece and should generate a bit more interest. In Nickel it would be 1800-2k pistol, maybe more. If it was the 4" or 5" model, also more, but it's std. 8 3/8". Then also it's blued, and not original. That makes it a shooter not a collector piece, I would price it around 1000$.

My 0.02$ worth ....

I am a Forum User
    Thanks

MGO Member
    $600 for the 645. There just isn't that much market for these nowadays, and while some enthusiasts will pay for a pristine example, most casual hobbyists/I-buy-old-stuff-sometimes collectors will not.

$650-$700 for the 29-2 due to the modifications/drilling/tapping. The old n-frames do hold value, but do so best if they are truly pristine or old pre-numbers guns. Those which have been drilled on for scopes are big casualties in the resale market.