Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MGO Board of Directors

Another view from in the tent:
    20210923_111049.jpg

And another from outside the tent:
    20210923_111313.jpg
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

You can always count on seeing certain things at the 2A march...
    20210923_111612.jpg
    20210923_112348.jpg
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

Both agreeing that the 2021 SAM was well received, MGO's President and the founder of SAM discuss the ways that the 2022 Second Amendment March can be bigger and better than ever!

20210923_135413.jpg

MGO Board of Directors

My take on the event:

I was the first person to arrive today and the last to leave. The weather was terrible for an outdoor gathering. Even the tent ripped when they first erected it.
    MGO was instrumental in helping attendees today by providing the parking. Everyone wanted a front row spot!

It was rainy, cold, and windy. This gave everyone a real feel temp of 35 degrees and as a result, there was (in my estimation) just around 100 well-behaved firearm enthusiasts in attendance. The tent was a popular place to be and instead of speeches from the Capitol steps, the speakers took shelter there as well. I think this was a bit better in some ways. The audience was tuned in more and the speakers had a better chance to interact and take questions from the crowd.

There were no food vendors there (MGO hot dog cook-out next year?) and it would have even been nice to simply have someone there to provide coffee.

The march around the capitol was kind of neat. The organizers had a couple of drummers marching the crowd to a cadence.

Although the big tent was a godsend to the people in attendance, I did admire the two tents that were set up separately. Something that MGO's president and VP had considered doing at the onset today. Might be a something to consider... (MGO hot dog giveaway tent. While the hot dog is being dished up, another MGO volunteer says "are you an MGO member?")

It was a good day to be with fellow firearm enthusiasts. I spent some money supporting a couple of other pro 2A orgs and look forward to 2022!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    My take on the event:

I was the first person to arrive today and the last to leave. The weather was terrible for an outdoor gathering. Even the tent ripped when they first erected it.
    MGO was instrumental in helping attendees today by providing the parking. Everyone wanted a front row spot!

It was rainy, cold, and windy. This gave everyone a real feel temp of 35 degrees and as a result, there was (in my estimation) just around 100 well-behaved firearm enthusiasts in attendance. The tent was a popular place to be and instead of speeches from the Capitol steps, the speakers took shelter there as well. I think this was a bit better in some ways. The audience was tuned in more and the speakers had a better chance to interact and take questions from the crowd.

There were no food vendors there (MGO hot dog cook-out next year?) and it would have even been nice to simply have someone there to provide coffee.

The march around the capitol was kind of neat. The organizers had a couple of drummers marching the crowd to a cadence.

Although the big tent was a godsend to the people in attendance, I did admire the two tents that were set up separately. Something that MGO's president and VP had considered doing at the onset today. Might be a something to consider... (MGO hot dog giveaway tent. While the hot dog is being dished up, another MGO volunteer says "are you an MGO member?")

It was a good day to be with fellow firearm enthusiasts. I spent some money supporting a couple of other pro 2A orgs and look forward to 2022!
    It's always a good time, and not happy I had to miss this year.

MGO Board of Directors

The soggy bottom boys.
    IMG_20210923_135311142.jpg
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Sorry I missed it. Instead of optimistically being able to take a vacation day, I had an urgent work trip to Louisville instead.

I am a Forum User
    Here is my take: I look forward to this every year. The crowd seems to get smaller every year. The groups putting it on along with the individuals who put the leg work in do a great job. Bring in great speakers often from out of state. Here are the two things that grinds me:
    1. People talking while speakers are talking. This happens every year and might have been more pronounced because of people not being spread out. I like to go there, listen and learn. This helps revitalize me and keep me on the right track.

2. The crowd size. We have Beto “hell yea we are coming after your AR15” getting ready to run in Texas for Governor. Biden with his “it’s not about your freedoms” and “if you need 30 rounds to hunt your not a good hunter” as president. All we can pull is 100-150 people.

I did like the addition of the drums for the March.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by 3SHOOTINGKIDS View Post
    Here is my take: I look forward to this every year. The crowd seems to get smaller every year.
    I think the weather was a slight factor, but besides that - what do you think could be done to increase attendance?
    What would make this event better for you?

The SAM organizers are asking themselves the very same question.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123