Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kroil, or other penetrating oil, will seep under the plastic and help break the mechanical bond.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Kroil, or other penetrating oil, will seep under the plastic and help break the mechanical bond.
    I tried using B'Laster but that didn't seem to do much. Goo Gone got the carbonized stuff off pretty well but didn't do much for the stuff that is more like lacquer or caramelized BBQ sauce on ribs.

MGO Member
    Acetone I'm sure will take it off? Reason I say that is I've removed Remington poly finish off rifle stocks with it. Good luck

How is this going? Any progress?
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

How is this going? Any progress?
    I got most of it off with Goo Gone, a heat gun, and a scraper. Thanks for your help everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    I got most of it off with Goo Gone, a heat gun, and a scraper. Thanks for your help everyone!
    I wonder if a trip through an ultrasonic cleaner would remove the residuals.... hmmm.
    Beijing Harbor sells them cheap. Or, if you are close, I think I have one in the shop... I could dig it out and you'd be welcome to borrow it.

I wonder if a trip through an ultrasonic cleaner would remove the residuals.... hmmm.
    Beijing Harbor sells them cheap. Or, if you are close, I think I have one in the shop... I could dig it out and you'd be welcome to borrow it.
    They really are the best thing at deep cleaning. I think my small Hornady was like $60. Does wonders for BCG’s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12