Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Rookie and son need optics help.

Hey everyone. I haven't used a rifle since 1973-1977 M-16A1 rifle. I want to get my son off the computer. My brother and his son are big hunters/target shooters in TN. My son was able to try shooting on a range with them in TN and loved it. So I'm trying to bond better. Divorced. I purchased a Ruger AR 556 and could really use help in getting a scope. We're not hunters but I would like to target shoot together. I know Night Vision isn't necessary but it would add tech to it that my son loves. Any suggestions? I can't see us shooting real long distances. Say no more than 600 yards, if that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MGO Member
    I have a Vortex Crossfire 2 3-9x40 on my AR and it works great without breaking the bank. The ranges that I have access to are 200 yards or less, so that is one variable that will affect what works best for you.

MGO Member
    That is exactly what my nephew recommended. Thanks very much!

He might like am illuminated scope. It's not clear if you meant you last shot in 1977, but if I read that right your eyes like like illuminated too.

I am a Forum User
    I put a Vortex Strike Eagle 1x8 on a AR this year and am very pleased with it. You might want to take a look into it.

If your son is into the tech aspects, look at Bushnell vortex and a few others have apps that integrate with their newer scopes

MGO Member
    I'm slow learning this site. Thanks for responding.

MGO Member
    Thank you to all!