Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FedEx Only Shipping for FFL's Now

It appears that you can no longer ship via FedEx unless you are an FFL. Updated September 20, 2021

Page 125

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fe...Guide_2021.pdf

"Firearms
    Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local
    government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter
    into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any
    firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive"

MGO Member
    I wonder how this will work if you get a shipping tag for a return to a manufacturer for service. Legally, who is the shipper in this case?

Most of the guns I've sent for service have been via FedEx, but there have been a few via UPS.
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

I am a Forum User
    I am a FFL and broke off all ties to Fed Ex over a year ago, and closed my account. I won't ever use them for any incoming or outgoing firearms again. UPS and USPS do a far superior job IMHO, and are much easier to work with. No big loss here!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Generating a FedEx label on a business account is easy and you can send the label to whoever you want.
    I'd guess that part of the FFL agreement is that they're not going to be sending labels out for people to ship guns to other places, which would be smart for them to comply with. Aside from that, they'll probably ship for you. a lot of FFLs will do that for a small fee - but shipping on a business account is done at a big discount anyway, so it's fair.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by ECSUSER View Post
    It appears that you can no longer ship via FedEx unless you are an FFL. Updated September 20, 2021

Page 125

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fe...Guide_2021.pdf

"Firearms
    Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local
    government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter
    into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any
    firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive"
    FedEx site Help & Support still lists process for shipping guns. Don't know if it's not just up-to-date yet. UPS help site still shows a process but you have to send it UPS next day. My FFL shipped stuff for me before - always goes USPS over night.

Time for a C&R if you want to ship FedEx?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Time for a C&R if you want to ship FedEx?
    Sure, if you want to ship curios or relics.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    SP1 is a C&R...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    SP1 is a C&R...
    What is SP1?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Nothing I found in the document linked in the op states that C&R FFL holders can only ship C&R. Just says you need an FFL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast