Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sling snobs, need suggestions for new sling

I just got a new savage 110 .350, need to slap some accessories on it.

I'm thinking nice leather but open to suggestions. It currently has crap green plastic stock which will be upgraded, but maybe not in time for this season.

I’ve been a big fan of the magpul MS1 for traditional swivels. I like having the slider to easily cinch it up tight for walking, or loosen it to use as a stabilizing sling. I think I have 4 of the things now, with every type of offered attachment point. It is a nylon, but it’s thick, soft, and floppy. Very comfy, even when rubbing on exposed skin.

As far as leather, the one that I’ve always liked was a Ruger branded padded leather. The shoulder strap area has a squishy foam sandwiched between a smooth top layer, and a soft velvet leather underside. I’m not sure who really makes it, but Cabelas has sold it for many years as a Ruger Cobra.

MGO Member
    double
    Last edited by john.41; 10-07-2021 at 04:25 PM. Reason: double
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

MGO Member
    Not snob money, but great field slings, Quake Industries "Claw" slings.
    https://quake.bpishopping.com/
    My family and I use more than 6 or 7 of them. No slip and waterproof. More colors and options than when I first started using them, years ago.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    Not snob money, but great field slings, Quake Industries "Claw" slings.
    https://quake.bpishopping.com/
    My family and I use more than 6 or 7 of them. No slip and waterproof. More colors and options than when I first started using them, years ago.
    I was just being a wise arse. Opinionated people, bot just but a 9 dollar no name Amazon one.

Yeah I also think the Claw by Quake Industries is the best sling for the money. Usually can find them for around $20 to $25 bucks and it comes with the sling swivels. I personally haven't found another one that works better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I’ve been a big fan of the magpul MS1 for traditional swivels. I like having the slider to easily cinch it up tight for walking, or loosen it to use as a stabilizing sling. I think I have 4 of the things now, with every type of offered attachment point. It is a nylon, but it’s thick, soft, and floppy. Very comfy, even when rubbing on exposed skin.

As far as leather, the one that I’ve always liked was a Ruger branded padded leather. The shoulder strap area has a squishy foam sandwiched between a smooth top layer, and a soft velvet leather underside. I’m not sure who really makes it, but Cabelas has sold it for many years as a Ruger Cobra.

That leather looks nice, and comfy too. Looks like a Canadian company levy leather makes them

https://www.levysoutdoor.com/product...v=1d20b5ff1ee9

I like that open to other suggestions from others but something like that seems great.

Sloganoutdoors.com

The only sling I'll ever use and made in Michigan.

I am a Forum User
    I’m partial to the Montana Sling, it looks great is made from nice well oiled leather and is instantly adjustable.

I am a Forum User
    Ching Sling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast