Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

New Bul Commander in 9mm

I was excited to learn my club's indoor range wasn't totally closed for repairs..only closed "sometimes"..(day shift hrs.)
    Learning this, & being a "night owl" (retired PM /MN employee), I decided to take my new 1911 for it's inital range trip last night.
    Got to the indoor range about 10:45 p.m., and happy to see I'd have the range to myself. Quickly set up targets, & loaded mags.
    I'd brought along boxes of 115gr FMJ's, 125gr.Polymer-coated rds, 124gr.JHP's, & 147 FMJ's..to give them all a try.
    All were my hand loads, loaded to approx. 1050 FPS (estimated, not chrono'd)

Bul comes with (2) new 10 rnd Mec-Gar mags. A little different than my Mec Gar 9rnd.ers that I 've been
    using in my S/A, DW, RK Isl., & Am.Classic 9mm 1911's. Has a different follower ,& has a plastic floorplate that extends the mags,
    so they hang slightly below the frame. A bit hard to get all 10 rds loaded in the mags, may have been the cause of 1 of the 2 FTF I experienced.
    I might load the mags & let them sit, loaded for a week or so, to see if the mag spring relaxes a bit.
    These mags are more difficult to load than the 9rnders I have.. that might be because they've been used for awhile.

I fired approx 150 rds thru the pistol on this trip. Ist few mags, I was all over the target, mostly shooting very low.
    I've been shooting rifles all summer, haven't done much pistol shooting. Started focusing on my grip & trigger control.
    Adjusted my sight picture from 6 o'clock hold to covering bullseye w/front sight & started hitting the Bullseye.
    More I shot the pistol, the better I started hitting my aimpoint, (or close to it)

Had 2 FTF's probably due to the rds., or mags, not the pistol. Both were my falcoated lead rds..which are slightly longer in OAL than the FMJ or JHP's
    1st FTF required a gentle push on back of slide to fully chamber the rnd. Other FTF issue locked up slide..
    Had to force it open. When I cleared the jam, & examined the rnd, couldn't see anything that might have caused the issue.
    I replaced rnd back in a mag, it fed & fired without issue. (?) Fired another 75 rds. afterwards, w/o any other incidents.

I'm very pleased with this pistol. Might try to see if the front sight can be changed to a fiber optic blade,
    as the black front sight blade, black rear sight, sighting on a black bullseye, has my elderly eyes Straining .

Had a few red stick-on bullseye stickers I tried, made seeing sights /target much better.
    Mostly I just need to shoot it more.
    I'd give in an A- or B+.. Considering the features, quality of materials, & workmanship,
    I feel the pistol is a great buy. Will try to attach a few pics from my range trip..

I am a Forum User
    few more target pics :

I am a Forum User
    Joe, check with another MGO member who called Bull Armory and inquired about the sights cut spec.. his screen name is "dbogdan " .. if he can share the cut for the sights it will make it easier for you to order that fiber optic front sight from dawson.

I am a Forum User
    nice shooting and nice looking gun.. Congratulations..

I am a Forum User
    Congrats and thanks for report. What distances were you shooting? Glad to hear with all your experience you feel its also a good value especially for those that can find at the $750 vs $850 price range. I hope they find continued success in American market and keep these going besides their competition oriented models offered.

I am a Forum User

2nd range visit

Had my 2nd outing with the Bul..fired another 150+ rds thru it..using same ammo: 115 fmj, 124gr hytek coated, & 125 gr jhp,
    + 147 fmj. I had put some white paint on the edge of the front sight, improving the contrast between the sight and the target.

Was able to shoot notably better this trip w/fewer "fliers" , better groups & able to hit my bullseye & square mire frequently.
    I shoot @ 7 yds..shooting @ a 1" dia. bullseye, and a < 1" square, so it's a challenge, for me anyway.

Shot my best with 147gr fmj loads..not sure if it was the load, or I was "warmed up" by the time I shot that load.
    Last edited by joepistol; 10-12-2021 at 10:27 PM.