Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Looking for advice on where to hunt around me

So I live in Ypsilanti and just ordered my first 22lr and would like to know if they're any good squirrel hunting spots around me. I'm not sure where it's ok to hunt as I've only deer hunted and on a family friends land. Any info would be very helpful. Thank you very much.

I am a Forum User
    Waterloo Rec. Area near Jackson will be your best bet. Lots of land to explore and plenty of Oak and Beech.

Get a map and explore. The area west and south of Where N. Territorial Rd. ends is a good place to start. Find a stand of Oaks and have a seat, they will come out if you sit still, if you keep moving, you probably won't see much.

Still a lot of leaf cover for a .22, you should be looking for them on the ground.

There are several smaller pockets of state land around, Sharonville, Proud Lake, Gregory, Brighton etc.. Any and all can be good if you find the oak or beech stands.

Good luck. Love me some squirrel hunting!

I am a Forum User
    Pinckney Recreation area.

Stop in at the main ranger shack for the various parking area's and recommendations, probably best to avoid the main Silver Lake Beach area.
    Plenty of hunting spots, the park director will do you good. Was impressed with the assistance I received when I stopped in.

Regards,
    Crankster

Interactive maps and more.
    10 million acres of land open to the public for hunting in MI

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...529---,00.html